Cameron Archer

Zatman

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The kid is a pure finisher. I don't just mean the shots he takes, the sample size is too small to know that for sure, but the way he sniffs out a chance, makes the run, nails the control to get the ball out of his feet before popping one off. 

I really like him. Whether he makes it here is another matter, there's some competition, but he has a career ahead of him.

Reminds me of some of a Kevin Phillips type for some reason.

• Like 1

It’s an absolutely outrageous header. 

Theres no doubt for me now he’s 3rd choice, it’s not as if Davis is ever fit to really have a say anyway. 

Hope he gets some Premier League minutes here and there because he really deserves them. 

I just briefly looked at the last half of the 20/21 Loan thread. Archer was doing OK at Solihull Moors,  but I would say he has had more meaningful minutes (an exaggeration) with Villa this season than he did since February on loan with the Moors.

It seems to me, the Moors did not recognize the talent they had available.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Had no expectations going into the season, but he's turning out to be a real find.

Yeah I’d go a step further and say he was one I had down as “will not make it for us”, then some promising performances and that hattrick against lower league opposition look good… and all of a sudden a header like tonight makes you start to think…

• Like 1

Shakespeare said that Archer has come from nowhere. It just goes to show that players develop at their own rate. As others have said he does remind me a bit of Joachim. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the season.

• Like 3

Lad has been given a chance and took it with both hands. Really like the look of him. Looks more than comfortable at this level. Rhian Brewster was sold for £22m, this kid is younger and has far more potential and more to his game imo. Deserves all the praise he is getting.

Edited by WHY

If he starts getting game time for us off the bench in the Premier League I think he's another that might have a chance of getting into the England U21 squad, I don't think the other options particulary standout at the moment, Brewster, Balogun, and Tyreece John-Jules were the strikers in the last squad.

• Like 1

Missed two good chances against last seasons UCL winning keeper who cost nearly £100m. Still pushed on, still made runs, still tried to hold up play, still kept his head up, in fact he went one further and put his head on the end of a Polish Cafu cross to score an absolute beauty as we all saw.

Can’t be understated the type of minerals you need to really give your all and his perseverance last night was duly rewarded. Love it.

• Like 1

Â