Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think you can just separate him for that team as if he wasn't part of it. Cameron Archer was one of the reasons why Sheffield United were one of the worst Premier league sides ever.

Yeah they were as bad as we were in 15/16. However we still sold players for 7/8m that summer e.g. Gana, Veretout and then Westwood went for 7m the following January so stands to reason an England under 21 regular will still be in the 10-15m bracket.

I think it's a bit harsh to write him off at prem level, Wilder wasn't even playing him that much at CF after taking over and he was also injured for about six weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

hes proven at champ level, he would suit one of the parachute payment teams, Burnley maybe.

But Burnley will be aiming to bounce back up, and then Archer would be in their squad at Prem level again.

• 4 weeks later...

Not seen Leeds mentioned but from what I've heard from their fans and podcasts up here, he could likely be an option for them. 

Not that anyone is saying that, just something I've added together in my head. Piroe hasn't really worked out, questions over Bamford's fitness, Gelhardt looking like he'll never be good enough and Phil Hay seemingly alluding to the fact that their current best option is to give Mateo Joseph more minutes up front next season and try him out, as their best striking option. 

A lad from the academy that half the fanbase had never heard of 6 months ago is unlikely to lead the line for Red Bull United in a couple months time. I think if Archer is available and has bought a house in Sheffield area then a move to be Leeds main man is a no-brainer. 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Not seen Leeds mentioned but from what I've heard from their fans and podcasts up here, he could likely be an option for them. 

Not that anyone is saying that, just something I've added together in my head. Piroe hasn't really worked out, questions over Bamford's fitness, Gelhardt looking like he'll never be good enough and Phil Hay seemingly alluding to the fact that their current best option is to give Mateo Joseph more minutes up front next season and try him out, as their best striking option. 

A lad from the academy that half the fanbase had never heard of 6 months ago is unlikely to lead the line for Red Bull United in a couple months time. I think if Archer is available and has bought a house in Sheffield area then a move to be Leeds main man is a no-brainer. 

Poor Cam…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

I forgot how much I hate Bamford. Why would you say his name!???

• Haha 2

Just now, Rodders said:

If we sell, it'll be in the £15m region I would think

Think we'd struggle to get £15 million for him this summer. Got £18.5 million from having a good season in the Championship. Realistically it will be a Championship club where he goes and they just don't have that kind of money to spend on player bar the clubs getting parachute payments. I was thinking maybe Leicester would come in for him but they have got their own PSR issues. 

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We must be thinking about keeping him in order to fulfil the club-trained quota for the CL squad surely?  I still think Unai can get goals out of him.

I dont think Unai is a fan of his 

1 hour ago, RichW said:

Think we'd struggle to get £15 million for him this summer. Got £18.5 million from having a good season in the Championship. Realistically it will be a Championship club where he goes and they just don't have that kind of money to spend on player bar the clubs getting parachute payments. I was thinking maybe Leicester would come in for him but they have got their own PSR issues. 

Agree it'll be a loan with a fee covering his amortisation and they cover his wages. It becomes obligation if they are promoted. 

Â