Cameron Archer

Zatman

58 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

True, but Barry showed some of that against Liverpool, and now he's driving tractors in Ipswich (which is what I assume they do when not playing). 

Showing you have all the ingredients is a different thing from just going into the first team somewhere at 18 and staying there. We had fans still writing off Grealish as not PL quality when he was 23 and he’s now the most expensive British player in history…

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Showing you have all the ingredients is a different thing from just going into the first team somewhere at 18 and staying there. We had fans still writing off Grealish as not PL quality when he was 23 and he’s now the most expensive British player in history…

I think there was some doubts on Jack, due to him going to ground so easily, hence his late start to his current profile.....The strength building programme with Ollie Stevenson after his kidney injury, changed all that.....he came back a stronger player and able to resist more, the body checks and challenges.....it was clear to see the change in him.

You need to be strong and powerful in this elite league, now, to resist close contact.....to add to the skill set.

These young boys have time to build on that and I'm sure the club will be well aware of the timeline required.

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Four times! Not yet in the Prem, but I think he'll get a chance at some point.

He just needs 2 more goals in his next 70 first team appearances to beat Keinan's goalscoring rate :crylaugh:

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He just needs 2 more goals in his next 70 first team appearances to beat Keinan's goalscoring rate :crylaugh:

Erm, I know it's the in thing to take the piss out of Keinan, but I reckon he would score goals in the B League and for under 23's?

He would also have to be fit.

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Erm, I know it's the in thing to take the piss out of Keinan, but I reckon he would score goals in the B League and for under 23's?

He would also have to be fit.

Archer scored his goals in the EFL (admittedly three were against Barrow), rather than in the B league or Under 23's.  To compare- Davis has 9 appearances in the EFL since 2017, and has 2 goals. 

U23 comparison:

Davis -  24 appearances (since 2016) - 6 goals (0.25 gpg) 

Archer- 27 appearances (since 2018) - 9 goals (0.33 gpg)

Wesley has a similar number of apps in the Premier League (25) returning 5 goals. (0.20 gpg)

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

True, but Barry showed some of that against Liverpool, and now he's driving tractors in Ipswich (which is what I assume they do when not playing). 

His time will come hes only 18. Archer was only playing national league football last season

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Archer is ahead of Barry based purely on size, Barry is still the size of a kid. Both have a decent future.

Based on his insta all summer and working with a PT outside of villa Barry knows it too 

That's the kind of thing that makes me laugh at the Barry thread and the suggestion that he might not make it, he's putting a shift in which is half the battle 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Based on his insta all summer and working with a PT outside of villa Barry knows it too 

That's the kind of thing that makes me laugh at the Barry thread and the suggestion that he might not make it, he's putting a shift in which is half the battle 

All top talent scouts in there mate. If he's not tearing up league 1 at 18, then he might as well retire and get a job at JD Sports

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Archer is ahead of Barry based purely on size, Barry is still the size of a kid. Both have a decent future.

I still reckon Barry has a better chance of making it and being effective, as a wide forward/winger, definitely not a striker in the PL.

IMO of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

Very pleased he finally got his Prem debut, great moment for him 

The thing is he cane when we were trying to score. After his performance at Chelsea, we didn’t thought of it as a debut or whatever, but we were excited that he could add something and help getting a goal. 
It didn’t feel it’s his debut, unlike the day when he was coming against Newcastle but then didn’t.

Â