Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't a kid. Turns 20 in 3 months time.

He is entering an age where he needs to start playing week in week out if not his development could quickly stagnate.

Because of the options we have up front it will be difficult for him to make it at Villa.

If he keeps going the way he is he will get his chances. Ings and Watkins will get injuries as well.  If he can perform against a side as good as Chelsea I'm not worried about him playing at this level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't a kid. Turns 20 in 3 months time.

He is entering an age where he needs to start playing week in week out if not his development could quickly stagnate.

Because of the options we have up front it will be difficult for him to make it at Villa.

Maybe just maybe the fact that he is training with Ings and watkins is really helping him. From the little i remember of Archer in the academy he was really short so all of his game relied on pace. Seems to be a bit taller and stockier now . Which is helping him with all aspects of his game. Dean Smith wants to improve players. Having him to work with as he goes through this jump in ability this season might be the making of him. 

He never pulled up trees at Solihull last season so a loan doesnt seem on paper to be the best move at the moment

I don't see why he should go out on loan. Not only did he not thrive on a previous loan, but he is essentially perfect for the 3rd striker role, in that he's young, hungry and currently full of confidence, but probably quite realistic about his likely playing time. He has just shown he can score against a very good goalkeeper, and get into good positions against a PL backline.

I thought he was great against Barrow, but I will admit I doubted him seeing his name on the teamsheet yesterday, and then when he scooped over from a pretty good opportunity I expected him to maybe wilt and not get into the game. But he completely proved me wrong, and but for El Ghazi not lifting his head up he'd have had two and we'd be in the draw for the next round. I'm ready to see more of what he can do when fed by our best players, rather than what he can do on loan in League 1.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:
his awareness and movement/timing for this goal is superb

On the contrary, instead of taking on the challenging header, he could have had the awareness to let it drop for El Goalzi for the tap in

troll GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Am I the only one who thinks his name is cool AF as well?

Sounds almost super hero ( Think Clarke Kent ) or super agent 007 ish.

Plus the obvious Archery and target synonyms along with his position and lethality. 

No need to Put marksman on him on fifa 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plus the obvious Archery and target synonyms along with his position and lethality. 

spacer.png

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing earlier. Dunno, it just has a nice melody to it when said out loud.

• Like 1

Â