Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Anything is possible. But what is it about Davis that makes you think he could convert to a DM?

I could just as easily say we should convert Martinez to a DM. It's possible but it's still a crazy suggestion

He's big and black innit. He's the new Heskey or in this case the new Pogba.

Nevermind the fact that despite his frame and physical attributes he is probably one of the most skillful players in the team from a technical standpoint.

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Now you're just being silly. You're now compare outfield players to a GK. Totally different skill set.

Players progress to different positions all the time. Wayne Rooney, Dublin, Young, Cash, Antonio, Grealish list goes on. 

Yes but look at the traits and skill set of those players, Rooney was a hard working forward who could score and assist easy transition , Dublin could head and knock people out, Young we’ll the game has changed a lot in the last 10 years a right back is essentially what a winger used to be, Cash well it’s not that bizarre it’s on the same side of the pitch and like I said modern fullbacks, Antonio I’ll give you that one, nothing to speak about regarding Grealish,  Can I ask what about Davis makes you believe he would make a good DM?  Please break down his attributes and explain how he would fit as a DM.  All I see is an old fashioned second Striker that would have fitted back in the days of 442 , he would be ideal for lower league football if he wasn’t made of glass.
Edit oh and yes I know he’s TALL

Edited by gwi1890

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

With the likes of Young and Barry, he's really gone under the radar until now. Looks to be ready to be our 3rd choice striker.

He was close to coming on on Saturday and if we didn’t have to use the last sub for Konsa I think he would’ve got on.

• 3 weeks later...

We're on to something special with our youth players, for certain. No fear in any of them and some of the close control was outrageous against established Prem/European players.

Top level experience for them tonight. Archer looks ready to be unleashed on the likes of Norwich, Newcastle, Wolves, Arsenal, etc...

• Like 1

Reminds me a lot of Watkins.  His floor is that he'll have a solid career as a good striker in the Championship.  I think his ceiling is becoming Ollie with better finishing.  Bright future for this one.

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

Reminds me a lot of Watkins.  His floor is that he'll have a solid career as a good striker in the Championship.  I think his ceiling is becoming Ollie with better finishing.  Bright future for this one.

he reminds me of a Joachim type player tbh.

• Like 2

The kid is a pure finisher. I don't just mean the shots he takes, the sample size is too small to know that for sure, but the way he sniffs out a chance, makes the run, nails the control to get the ball out of his feet before popping one off. 

I really like him. Whether he makes it here is another matter, there's some competition, but he has a career ahead of him.

Â