Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, Khizzy said:

He's already done more than Davis in his limited opportunities. He is a decent third choice striker in my opinion. 

His performance has put the final nail in the coffin for Davis. I can't see him ever playing for Villa again and he will be gone in the summer

• Like 2

I liked his chance he missed where he tried to chip it over the keeper. The finish didn't work, but everything else about that was perfect, and dare I say Danny Ings-esque. And Danny had about 10 years on him to perfect that skill. The movement, the touch to take it away from the defender. Only the true poachers have that. That made me sit up and take notice. This kid looms the real deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

Maybe I'm wrong as obviously I've never followed the Man United youth setup but didn't Rashford explode out of relative obscurity? That's who Archer reminds me of, just in how far and how fast he has risen.

Yep I think he was 7th choice striker when he got a call up. I think was another striker in the same age group who was set for big things but never made it

14 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

His performance has put the final nail in the coffin for Davis. I can't see him ever playing for Villa again and he will be gone in the summer

The nail couldn't have been hit more perfectly on the head. He;s come from nowhere and essentially ended Davis' career at the club. If he keeps progressing he could kill of Wesley when he returns from his loan as well.

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Am I the only one who thinks his name is cool AF as well?

Sounds almost super hero ( Think Clarke Kent ) or super agent 007 ish.

Plus the obvious Archery and target synonyms along with his position and lethality. 

Robin Hood, would have had him in his team.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its all about movement....positional play and running.

The kid looks to have all the tools, just needs to develop naturally and get games, to build confidence.

He needs games now, not big gaps between them, needs to build on his goalscoring to keep the momentum.

21 hours ago, PaulC said:

If he keeps going the way he is he will get his chances. Ings and Watkins will get injuries as well.  If he can perform against a side as good as Chelsea I'm not worried about him playing at this level. 

In a nutshell.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

In a nutshell.

True, but Barry showed some of that against Liverpool, and now he's driving tractors in Ipswich (which is what I assume they do when not playing). 

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

True, but Barry showed some of that against Liverpool, and now he's driving tractors in Ipswich (which is what I assume they do when not playing). 

Seems like it wasn't the ideal place to go....too many issues at Ipswich.

He needs a stable base.

I think he will be ok, plenty of time, he will just make his breakthrough, when he is ready.

Cameron has just had that magical break, they all need......It happened to David Platt albeit at an older age.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its all about movement....positional play and running.

The kid looks to have all the tools, just needs to develop naturally and get games, to build confidence.

He needs games now, not big gaps between them, needs to build on his goalscoring to keep the momentum.

I reckon he might have essentially ended Keinans and Wesleys Villa careers, at least temporarily anyway.

Difference is the other 2 are big lads so should pose a different threat.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon he might have essentially ended Keinans and Wesleys Villa careers, at least temporarily anyway.

Difference is the other 2 are big lads so should pose a different threat.

I think its difficult to say that.....as you say different type of forward, with different skills set...but, I know what you mean.

I think they have their tasks to do, and he has is.He just has to be focused and step up the training, and build on his success, like Jack did......first in and last out ( BMH) and all that kind of stuff.

He is a typical fox in the box, he reminds me of Defoe.....We have needed one of these for some time and it looks like we have got one.

Its still early days and he is still at a tender age, we don't need to apply pressure and if he does go in to a bit of a dry spell, stay with him.....which I know most fans do.

But remember, Andy Gray was only 19 when he come on the scene and he loved the pressure....wallowed in it.....I know the media is more intense these days.

I think the big thing for me, with this boy, is the quality of the goals....not just tap ins, well worked goals....I hope he takes in, all the fuss around him, builds on it and smashes it... If you can score a goal like that against Chelsea, he can score against any team.....He has to believe that.

Ps I would love Keinan and Wes to make it.....it is so desperately sad to see 2 talented players become hostage to injury.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Seems like it wasn't the ideal place to go....too many issues at Ipswich.

He needs a stable base.

I think he will be ok, plenty of time, he will just make his breakthrough, when he is ready.

Cameron has just had that magical break, they all need......It happened to David Platt albeit at an older age.

Yeah, weird how that happens, sometimes isn't it. It's like making it in films- yes you have to have talent and the right face, but sometimes it happens for you and sometimes it doesn't. Luck really. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its difficult to say that.....as you say different type of forward, with different skills set...but, I know what you mean.

I think they have their tasks to do, and he has is.He just has to be focused and step up the training, and build on his success, like Jack did......first in and last out ( BMH) and all that kind of stuff.

He is a typical fox in the box, he reminds me of Defoe.....We have needed one of these for some time and it looks like we have got one.

Its still early days and he is still at a tender age, we don't need to apply pressure and if he does go in to a bit of a dry spell, stay with him.....which I know most fans do.

But remember, Andy Gray was only 19 when he come on the scene and he loved the pressure....wallowed in it.....I know the media is more intense these days.

I think the big thing for me, with this boy, is the quality of the goals....not just tap ins, well worked goals....I hope he takes in, all the fuss around him, builds on it and smashes it... If you can score a goal like that against Chelsea, he can score against any team.....He has to believe that.

Ps I would love Keinan and Wes to make it.....it is so desperately sad to see 2 talented players become hostage to injury.

I actually forgot to mention the other reason for my thinking, was Caleb Chuwemeka, he's a big forward as well ain't he?

Sadly, someone will have to go I think.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually forgot to mention the other reason for my thinking, was Caleb Chuwemeka, he's a big forward as well ain't he?

Do we have to decide yet, though? Let's just do what we did with Wes. Get them all out on loan, and whoever makes something of themselves can come back.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He is.....Cream will inevitably rise to the top and Villa will keep the best players and sell the lesser ones.

Its sad, but its the law of the jungle. It always has been like that.

I remember a lad called Frank Pimblett who played for villa a few times, we was in a pub in Solihull having a few Beers with a group of mates....he was telling us a few of his mates had been released at Villa that week and it reduced him to tears.

Its very sad indeed, but I don't know the alternative.

We as fans don't see that heartbreak side of the game....we only see the glory.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I liked his chance he missed where he tried to chip it over the keeper. The finish didn't work, but everything else about that was perfect, and dare I say Danny Ings-esque. And Danny had about 10 years on him to perfect that skill. The movement, the touch to take it away from the defender. Only the true poachers have that. That made me sit up and take notice. This kid looms the real deal.

We need to remember too he was up against a c70 million keeper.....sure Kepa has had his difficulties at Chelsea, but he looks like he is only the way back to the form they paid that much money for him.

as you say....The signs are well and truly there.

Â