Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I really look forward to his Loan Spell in the Championship. Get him a new contract before we get him regular football there in January. 

Not for me, slightest hint of an injury to Ings or Watkins then this kid is starting.

Hell, if we need a goal last 30 get him on. He's flying.

• Like 3

Top scorer for us so far this season. Even his misses I thought he did alright. The first one where Sanson slipped him through needed a dink over the keeper. He had the composure and made the right choice but just gave it a little too much, but all the processes were there, and the second one he had to get it out of his feet and still got the shot away.  I like what I've seen from this guy. Even when the ball isn't going in, he's showing he has a striker's instinct. A bit like Watkins last season when the ball wasn't falling for him, he was in the right place at the right time and you can't coach that. Archer's problem now is that his opportunities will dry up until we get knocked out of the FA Cup by United in January.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

A lot of people were focusing on the miss, I wasn't. Sometimes you have to look at HOW he gets into that position in the first place and exactly what he tried to do. His first and second touch to get into a position where he could shoot were sublime. It wasn't an easy ball to control and the ability to bring it under control and then have the wherewith-all to try and chip the keeper on his weaker foot is really, really superb at his age. 

He is a very good little player, I just hope he gets the game time to really push on. I think he'd absolutely smash it up at a championship club and could see him perhaps spending time on loan in the second half of the season. 

Another talented lad we've brought through. 

Actually the first touch on the first chance wasn't good at all as he made the goal smaller because ofthe direction he moved in, but the touches on the second chance was great

Not a criticism of the lad as its a side of football that he probably didn't expect... 

But comparing his interview from last night with Barry's from previous games it looks like ones had some training or anticipated it better than the other! 

Hopefully he has many more interviews to come

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not a criticism of the lad as its a side of football that he probably didn't expect... 

But comparing his interview from last night with Barry's from previous games it looks like ones had some training or anticipated it better than the other! 

Hopefully he has many more interviews to come

I think it's been a bit of an unexpected whirlwind of a time for him, one the club were not expecting either. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think it's been a bit of an unexpected whirlwind of a time for him, one the club were not expecting either. 

Yeah Shakespeare's comments suggest this has kind of come out of the blue for both parties. Just goes to show, you don't know how someone will react to a chance until you give them one (KW.gif). Some rise to it (KW.gif) and some hide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Love the kid already. We need better in house interviewer though, Michelle should do it full time.

Hahaha…

Did anyone else think when he stumbled on his words for “they have travelled a far distance” that he sounded like he was about to say “they’ve travelled **** ages” 🤣

• Haha 2

Not sure about him going out on loan. Looks good enough to be involved for us this season. But I suppose us going out the cup will limit his opportunities and he probably needs alot more minutes than we can give. 

Edited by birdman

He isn't a kid. Turns 20 in 3 months time.

He is entering an age where he needs to start playing week in week out if not his development could quickly stagnate.

Because of the options we have up front it will be difficult for him to make it at Villa.

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't a kid. Turns 20 in 3 months time.

He is entering an age where he needs to start playing week in week out if not his development could quickly stagnate.

Because of the options we have up front it will be difficult for him to make it at Villa.

He's our 3rd choice striker and we've started the first 2 together in the last 2 games, he'll get minutes here.

Â