Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Should be on the bench ahead of Wesley

It'd be harsh to loan Wesley to Club Bruges and then block his chance at regaining form and fitness by sending them Archer as well.

• Haha 4

I really liked his interview for Villa TV. Not phased at all, clearly feels like he belongs at this level. 

Given his age and our current striker situation, if that was some kind of audition I would suggest he passed with flying colours. Now comes the step up. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Well, that's not difficult. Wesley is going out on loan and Davis is injured till October.

Cameron is almost 20 now, not much point keeping him in U23s anymore. Either loan him out to League 1/2 or integrate with the senior squad (although he won't see much game time in this case)

Why? Wesley saw game time on Saturday. If he’s to come into the first team squad he will see time in the pitch, deffo. 

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why? Wesley saw game time on Saturday. If he’s to come into the first team squad he will see time in the pitch, deffo. 

Well, Wes had 5 minutes. He will see maybe 5,10 minutes here and there but not much. That was what I meant.

If Wes and Watkins are both out this weekend (Wes because he's leaving) then Cameron will surely get on the bench. I can imagine him coming on for a Prem debut. The thing I like about him, aside from those great finishes, is that he has actual raw pace. It's so essential at this level.

With Davis out and Watkins not fully fit, there's a realistic chance he will get decent minutes until at least January, starting tomorrow, where I expect him to replace Ings in the final stages unless we're struggling or chasing the game.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

If Wes and Watkins are both out this weekend (Wes because he's leaving) then Cameron will surely get on the bench. I can imagine him coming on for a Prem debut. The thing I like about him, aside from those great finishes, is that he has actual raw pace. It's so essential at this level.

Agreed re his pace. I actually thought he looked more impressive on the left once Caleb came on where there were a couple of times where he burned his full back for pace. He wasn’t really as involved in the middle (not that I’m complaining given he scored twice) 

• Like 1

Hoping for a cameo appearance (maybe even along with a goal or 2 ;)) from the young Archer tommorow. It would be good if we did keep him around, similar to what city have done with Foden - yes he could have gone out on loan, but this way he can train with the first team, learn lots from them and enjoy being on board and hopefully getting minutes and experience.

4 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Agreed re his pace. I actually thought he looked more impressive on the left once Caleb came on where there were a couple of times where he burned his full back for pace. He wasn’t really as involved in the middle (not that I’m complaining given he scored twice) 

Hat Tricks usually require 3 goals to be scored fella. 

:D

He also scored an hat-trick in a behind closed doors inter-game friendly as well, as well as his two goals in two for the U23. The way things have changed so quickly for him should give good enouragement for our players out on loan this season, especially Bradley Young and Barry as attackers, but also Raikhy and Revan, shows that you can be playing National League football one season and then be part of a Premier League squad the next.

Edited by useless

The wisest thing to do at the moment is keeping him on the bench until Davis is back. We can what can he do until then. If he’s getting more minutes, looking up for it and being used much (such as Ramsey last season) then Davis should be the one to be loaned. Otherwise he’ll need couple of months in the Championship. 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not in the u23 squad tonight so would guess he'll be in the main squad tomorrow

Fair play to the lad and that's exactly how it should be from deano so good all round 

Exactly, Wesley gone now, had to be rewarded for his exploits in mid week. I think Deano has managed the hopefuls brilliantly so far. We’re going to see the best of a more well-rounded and mature Jacob Ramsey  this season now, “that’s for sure”

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How long before he gets the Ramsey treatment? 5 minutes cameo doesn’t score, “needs a loan”

How long before he gets the Keinan Davis treatment 72 matches 3 goals ''great talent'' ''bring him on'' 

Â