Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

What pride he must instill in the young ,football playing Zimbabweans. When they see their hero holding his own on such a stage. There's an enthusiasm about his play that is so infectious. He is a shining example that hard work and perseverance usually gets its reward. 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The smile is awesome as well, intercepted Raphinha then won a foul. Just kept smiling, i imagine it wound a few people up 😂

He played for that foul to be fair and I think Raphinha was saying as much to him and Nakamba just smiled and said 'of course I was but you were still stupid enough to foul me'.

It was actually very clever play, resulting in another few seconds to take a free kick being wasted.

• Like 1

Was brilliant yesterday but wouldn't start him against Sheffield. We need to be incisive in possession against them as their defence is still very good. I think a midfield 3 of Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey could be good or just Luiz, McGinn, Sanson. 

That being said against wolves and I think we should play him. If we expect to have less of the possession his flaws aren't massive flaws (and he keeps possession well doesn't make forward thinking passes - a bit like conor in that regard) and he can do the dirty work for our midfielders.

it's not about him being better than Luiz or McGinn, it's the fact he does the defensive job better than either of them. I would actually like to see him play with Luiz as I think it would allow Doug to get further forward. I remember Doug scoring screamers from outside the penalty area, now he never even tries to shoot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Marvelous ' The Chambermaid ' Nakamba 

Always clean sheets .....

I am glad to see he has kicked on this season and he has really improved.

I hope we see more of him starting in the team as he is a solid little player.

He should definately keep his place for Sheff Utd imo.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Is this you trying to give a compliment? 😂

I regularly give out compliments. I think Nakamba has played well this season and deserves his place in the team.
I'm just stating that if he could pass, he'd be a world beater!

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I regularly give out compliments. I think Nakamba has played well this season and deserves his place in the team.
I'm just stating that if he could pass, he'd be a world beater!

And also if he were like, 15 cm taller. But hey if he had those attributes, he wouldn;t be with us.

Like I said before the season started, he has a place here. He does a niche job and that's kind of it. Like many other players he needed time to find his feet. He might not ever be good enough to play week in and out of a top 6 team, but a squad player? He'll do. 

• Like 1

Perfect player against teams who are like to have a lot more possession than us. Chases the midfield relentlessly a bit like a deeper lying Watkins in terms of energy levels. In games where we have more possession he is probably not worth a place as his passing is mostly sideways but he certainly has a place in this squad for the right opposition. 

22 minutes ago, supermon said:

Is it wrong that I expect him to  intercept an opposition player regardless of where he is on the pitch. He's so good at hoovering up n breaking play.

Legend has it that he's currently intercepting his teammates' mail, TV signals and whatsapp nudes...

He never stops.

Edited by Steero113

On 27/02/2021 at 19:25, Adam2003 said:

Dead wrong here. Great game. 

Carried on his recent trend.  Maybe he has turned the corner of composure on the ball.  If he can consistently do what he has done in the last few games he's played, he's worth a spot in the team against any of the top 10 in the league. And arguably against some of those lower down too.

He still doesn't seem to be able to pass more than 10 yards or spot an attack, but even without those abilities, he was still MOTM for some against Leeds. Plus, if he could do those things, he'd probably be playing for someone else. Hope he can add those abilities to his game, much like he has added composure, and if he can then the sky's the limit. 

Â