Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

I like him and have rated his performances recently, but I thought he was pretty poor tonight. The game didn’t really justify his presence, especially after they scored and then the red card. Was always going to be us trying to get past a parked bus, and I don’t think Marv offers anything in that situation.

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I like him and have rated his performances recently, but I thought he was pretty poor tonight. The game didn’t really justify his presence, especially after they scored and then the red card. Was always going to be us trying to get past a parked bus, and I don’t think Marv offers anything in that situation.

It's not Nakambas fault he wasn't subbed off but yes, as soon as the red was shown it should have been all out attack. We're one nil down with absolutely nothing to lose. Tactically poor. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WooJung said:

He wasn't a problem, as many have said. However, through no fault of his own, he was a bit of a hindrance. We never really needed what he does best and really needed what he's less good at. Wrong decision to play him, no matter how harsh it would've been. Football is harsh. It's all about the next game, not about the previous game. 

That's harsh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

showed today he's not good enough for prem.   very poor throughout yard or two off pace.  can't tackle which is a bit of a downside for a defensive midfielder.  directly at fault for first goal as he just let the attacker stroll into the box under no pressure whatsoever.   get shot in sumner and get in a proper defensive midfielder.

I thought he was good first half, bar one poor misplaced pass. I do think he was at fault for the goal, don't know if he was just tiring so much that he just couldn't follow the run. Even so, I wouldn't have taken him off.

23 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

showed today he's not good enough for prem.   very poor throughout yard or two off pace.  can't tackle which is a bit of a downside for a defensive midfielder.  directly at fault for first goal as he just let the attacker stroll into the box under no pressure whatsoever.   get shot in sumner and get in a proper defensive midfielder.

was his first game in over a month in fairness

• Like 1

He does ok against teams that don’t press and who lack quality but when he is rushed on the ball, my god he struggles. 

I actually don’t mind Nakamba, it’s just plainly obvious that he ain’t good enough for where we want to be as a club and he’ll do well to make the squad week in week out next season.

Sorry but when we have the ball we may as well be playing with 10 men. It's that bad. Seems like a cracking guy and defensively smart but not suited for how we want to play at all.

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

Sorry but when we have the ball we may as well be playing with 10 men. It's that bad. Seems like a cracking guy and defensively smart but not suited for how we want to play at all.

I'd agree apart from he also can't track a runner and can't make a tackle

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Thought he was the best of our midfield 3. Some lovely steals and generally a good job screening the back 4. His passing was better than most and I only remember him turning the ball over once.

I would have kept him on the pitch and swapped out Traore for, well, anybody really.

screening the back four.  their midfielders and forwards just walked past him like he wasn't there.  awful performance.

Â