Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Just now, smg said:

Unfortunately he put in outstanding performances when called upon and was still left out at the expense of others who were performing less well 

I'm glad I'm not alone, I cannot understand how he has hardly seen a minute since, yet our midfield has stunk the place out in every minute since.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Why is our team playing for Arsenal now?

The numbering is annoying too but, that aside, I like that lineup.

As long as Barkley is nowhere near the midfield, we could pick any 3 from Ramsey, McGinn, Luiz, Sanson and Nakamba and look way better than we did in our last game. 

Marv is a good shout to enable us to properly go 4-1-2-3. I think Sanson deserves a start and looks like he'd consistently give Nakamba an option when he picks up the ball deep. The third spot probably deserves to go to Ramsey based on form,  but I'd be happy with any of the others in that third spot.

Please, just no Ross.

My worry with Nakamba against Leeds is they press so hard and his close control is not the best - he’d be a huge asset in my view against the likes of Man City where we need a disruptor so I’m not knocking him, I just think Leeds are the worst sort of opponent for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

My worry with Nakamba against Leeds is they press so hard and his close control is not the best - he’d be a huge asset in my view against the likes of Man City where we need a disruptor so I’m not knocking him, I just think Leeds are the worst sort of opponent for him. 

I'd have agreed with you last season. Even earlier this season. But he has shown, In his few appearances, an apparent improvement in this regard.

Him, alongside another CDM, probably Luiz, could work very well. Then use Ramsey or Sanson in place of Barkley. McGinn on the bench gives him a rest, and can come on with lots of energy to replace either Sanson or Luiz without weakening us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I'd have agreed with you last season. Even earlier this season. But he has shown, In his few appearances, an apparent improvement in this regard

I would still worry about it against Leeds. Although to be fair I worry about any of our players against that press.... 

I wonder if we need to play Sanson in one of the wide positions (or with a formation tweak) focused on working back and compressing the pitch any time we don’t have the ball. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Boo, down with this sort of thing. 

100% agree but don't stop it being truthful. Naka must be wondering exactly what he has to do to play

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 24/02/2021 at 14:38, Adam2003 said:

We struggle against pressing regardless, so we might as well take the defensive perks. Even with a midfield of any combination of McGinn, Luiz, barkley and sanson i still see us relying on Traore, realising it's too much to ask and therefore resort to going for long balls for Ollie. 

Nakamba might allow mcginn to play further up and hopefully collect the ball from Ollie's hold up play and drive forwards. 

On 24/02/2021 at 16:38, Adam2003 said:

You might be right.

So should we go Sanson?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You might be right.

So should we go Sanson?

Personally I would 100% start Sanson against Leeds. He seems to have fantastic energy and while one player won’t help us match them in that regard, I think it will have some impact. Whether he starts CM or in one of the wide positions with a view to racing back and tucking in to make us more solid on the counter I don’t know. I think personally I’d go Luis-McGinn-Sanson as the three but with Grealish out I can see an argument for throwing Ramsey in and asking Sanson to be the extra legs out wide - then trust in Traore/Watkins for the goals.

Â