Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

I think I need to start showing Nakamba far more respect. He's not quite the fancy midfielder but he's not a complete donkey which I've thought about him previously and defensively I don't think there's any doubt he's the best midfielder for that job.

Made some brilliant interceptions today to break up Leeds attacks and was a huge reason as to why we went through that game without really giving them anything clear cut.

I used to think he was just a fine backup option for emergencies and that's it but quite clearly I was wrong. He's very good at his specific job and actually is extremely useful for the team, our record with him starting this season backs that up. I'm not quite sure he'll be as needed against Sheffield United but I don't think there's any reason to drop him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What did Mcginn so wrong today?

I think Luiz is a better player and with a much higher potential to grow.

We need to start consider the idea of McGinn not being an automatic starter. He isn't as good as some fans make him out to be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think I need to start showing Nakamba far more respect. He's not quite the fancy midfielder but he's not a complete donkey which I've thought about him previously and defensively I don't think there's any doubt he's the best midfielder for that job.

Made some brilliant interceptions today to break up Leeds attacks and was a huge reason as to why we went through that game without really giving them anything clear cut.

I used to think he was just a fine backup option for emergencies and that's it but quite clearly I was wrong. He's very good at his specific job and actually is extremely useful for the team, our record with him starting this season backs that up. I'm not quite sure he'll be as needed against Sheffield United but I don't think there's any reason to drop him. 

Yes he has settled and been well-coached like several of the other signings from last season.  The pitch probably helped as he wasn't expected to get on the ball as we weren't playing out from the back, his positioning and anticipation was brilliant though.  I don't think we will lose anything by rotating the five central midfielders we have and dumping Barkley for the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think Luiz is a better player and with a much higher potential to grow.

We need to start consider the idea of McGinn not being an automatic starter. He isn't as good as some fans make him out to be.

Yes Luiz has higher potential but I don’t see him as a box to box player here regardless of where he plays for his country

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes Luiz has higher potential but I don’t see him as a box to box player here regardless of where he plays for his country

Luiz have more attacking attributes than defensive attributes.

I remember an interview with him and players he looked up to and he mentioned the likes of Ronaldinho and said he would love to being able to influence the game more in an attacking sense further forward.

As I commented from his last start, he is starting to look like the player I thought we were signing.

Alot less " stiff ", seems more athletic and fluid.

Was full of energy and running, seems a more confident player now as well.

Surely he can't be dropped now?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think hes pretty important against Sheffield, I'd just rather see us with two in front of him rather than one next to him in games like that. We need his discipline.

I love Marvelous, still gives me absolute palpitations when he's on the ball but once we went a goal up early it became his sort of game. There were occasions last season where he looked like he could be the complete package for us (aka Norwich away) but I think for the level we're approaching he's the perfect squad player. Great performance on the whole though.

Deserves to keep his place over Luiz. His passing is a bit off and he’s not as classy as Luiz but it’s a team game and I’d argue, at the moment, we’re a better side with Nakamba in it than Luiz.

One thing I will say is that Luiz can count himself a tad unlucky. I think he’d have done much better without Barkley too! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz have more attacking attributes than defensive attributes.

I remember an interview with him and players he looked up to and he mentioned the likes of Ronaldinho and said he would love to being able to influence the game more in an attacking sense further forward.

Alot of modern dmc have attacking attributes, Dean Smith was a defender but plays attacking football, and to be fair what young Brazlian wouldn’t look up to Ronaldinho 

Â