Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Was really annoyed with his role in the 1st but he played well after.

Think he'll still be down the pecking order for next season though so I'd cash in as imagine a few clubs looking will have seen him play well v Arsenal and Spurs so we should get offers.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'd put that down to rustiness and match sharpness. He played 3 or 4 very good passes forward which were crisp. Even Jack felt comfortable passing to him he usually ignores him unless he has to pass it to him.

Perhaps - hard to say, really. 

Brave, that early cockup today, could have gone the other way and shattered his whole game.

Instead, he kept at it and had a brilliant game.

Sorry to everyone who Champions Luiz as our " DM ", but that was a real DM performance. Interceptions, intelligent stealing of the ball, blocking, strength and basic passing.

Like many of our other positions, if we could combine Luiz range of passing and skill with Nakamba, we would have one hell of a player.

If anything, him and Luiz should play as a deep trio, but if I had to choose one DM currently, it would be Marvellous.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Amed said:

We would have gained way more points last 3 months If this guy played more. 

I have no clue what Dean have got against him

Looked great everytime he's got the chance this season

It’s classic Nakamba. 

Not keen when he’s on the ball or has to make any relatively difficult pass but his tackling and interceptions are unmatched. 

Big performance today after that first goal. 

• Like 1

I may be on my own in thinking the mistake for the goal wasn't that bad... fair enough, he should have down better with his control,  but it was a harshly punished miscontrol given where he was when he picked it up.

I gave up saying Nakamba should start around January time when it became clear we wanted to play 3 number 8s instead of any genuine CDM. It's right that McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey and (peak) Barkley are all better footballers than Nakamba, but none of them are better CDMs than him. He's the best we have and should have played most of the season, especially given his few performances have been more good than bad.

An upgrade on Marv is a must for me this transfer window.

Just now, Jono62 said:

He makes the hard things look easy and the easy things look hard. His short passing is woeful at times, but his interceptions were magic.

He's also not match fit which would explain why he looks so rusty on the ball.

We only used 11 players first half of the season and it came back to bite us in the second half of the season.

You have a squad for a reason. You have to use it to keep everyone fit and happy. Ferguson was the master at it.

• Like 1

Smith said that there was a shout for space when Nakamba received the ball just before the mistake. Clever play from Spurs if it was one of their players that said it. 

Nakamba  needs a chance to play after yesterday's showing , he was excellent  second half , brave, used the ball well at times , surprisingly. 

Â