Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Said it in the match thread, but must be the weirdest footballer I've ever seen. Loses the ball through non-existent first touch, gets it again, drives through three players like they aren't there and gets a shot on target, gets it again, blasts it over everyone and falls over like he's never crossed a ball before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Said it in the match thread, but must be the weirdest footballer I've ever seen. Loses the ball through non-existent first touch, gets it again, drives through three players like they aren't there and gets a shot on target, gets it again, blasts it over everyone and falls over like he's never crossed a ball before.

In the first half at one point his touch was so bad it even caught the Newcastle players by surprised and he managed to get it back and then breezed past three of them like they weren't there 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

A part of me dies when he has the ball and he’s expected to do something decent with it. 

His biggest weapon is the fact he’s so poor on the ball, he ends up doing things no other PL player would and it confuses the defender. A good example of this last night was when he beat his man with a weird touch with his left foot (which I don’t think he meant) and it kind of just went straight through the defenders legs and he ended up having a shot on goal (when he should have passed). There was no skill involved, there never is. 

We’ve spent a lot of money, Trezeguet should be nowhere near this team. Whilst people praise our recruitment, and so they should as it has been excellent in certain areas, it has also been very poor in the wide positions. I don’t rate Traore much, and I certainly don’t rate El Ghazi or Trezeguet much either. 

RW and LW are areas we’ll need to be looking at AGAIN in the summer. 

Edited by Delphinho123

I've always had a lot of time for him, but I think he's someone we need to move on. Same goes for AEG, Barkley, Wesley, Elmo, Taylor. Too much work for one summer I guess, so maybe AEG should stay, but it shows how much we've improved as a team.

Really need to get a mobile pacy striker in though. Watkins needs competition and rest. 

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've always had a lot of time for him, but I think he's someone we need to move on. Same goes for AEG, Barkley, Wesley, Elmo, Taylor. Too much work for one summer I guess, so maybe AEG should stay, but it shows how much we've improved as a team.

Really need to get a mobile pacy striker in though. Watkins needs competition and rest. 

Wesley is not going anywhere.

I'd keep El Ghazi.

However I think we might have seen the best of Trezeguet I'm sad to say as i like his industry and he did save us after Project Restart.

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wesley is not going anywhere.

I'd keep El Ghazi.

However I think we might have seen the best of Trezeguet I'm sad to say as i like his industry and he did save us after Project Restart.

Oh I suspect several of them aren't going anywhere, including Wesley, Barkley, AEG or Trez, but I'm saying they should. All of them should be moved on.

Just read that he has the same XG as Jota and Rodriguez, but hasn't scored a single goal. 

22 shots in the box this season. 

He's just not a very good player. Again, like other, probably a decent squad player for a bottom half team. Absolutely no where near the standard for what we aim to be. 

• Like 1

Sometimes he beats his man and you wonder how the heck he did it he doesn’t drop a shoulder it’s blink and he's the others side of the player the he crosses to no one or has a wild pop at goal

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

His biggest weapon is the fact he’s so poor on the ball, he ends up doing things no other PL player would and it confuses the defender. A good example of this last night was when he beat his man with a weird touch with his left foot (which I don’t think he meant) and it kind of just went straight through the defenders legs and he ended up having a shot on goal (when he should have passed). There was no skill involved, there never is. 

Correct.

Smith performed a total miracle keeping us up last year.

both AEG and Trez need to be sold during the summer and replaced by progressive wingers that have footballing brains.

both elmo and taylor will be gone in the summer also so two new replacements of much higher calibre to replace them are needed.

We need a new striker as well..possibly 2 if wesley is crocked/unable to perform.Davis needs to leave also as  he offers us nothing

Traore im still undecided on..but would be good back up..certainly needs to prove himself more consistently

The jack grealish situation cant be allowed to happen again...No other team falls apart as much as we do while he is out (I presumed we promised jack to surround him with quality players who could take the pressure off him) I believe a grealish type player is needed also,possibly a academy player or unknown youth from abroad who could be moulded into the role.

The future is bright at villa..but we need to recruit smartly again this summer and try to regain the form we had in december were we looked a top 4 team easily

Â