Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think he would still be a Premier League manager if if wasn't for Trez.

Fair enough he scored a couple of important goals but I'm not sure of your argument here? He's clearly not Premier League quality.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Fair enough he scored a couple of important goals but I'm not sure of your argument here? He's clearly not Premier League quality.

I'm pretty sure Dean knows Trez's limitations but when he is one of four wide options in the squad and two of those are injured then he has to pick him, unless he decides to play a different system, or put Watkins wide and the even less effective Davis up front.  I'm staggered people can't put things into context.  I mean what does a fourth-choice winger for a mid-table Premier League side look like anyway?

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think he would still be a Premier League manager if if wasn't for Trez.

Even a broken watch is right two times a day. 

We will never know if we had been safe much earlier if Smith had played another player instead. 

His goals at the end helped us stay up, but that doesn’t mean that he is good enough and has the quality to get in the team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm pretty sure Dean knows Trez's limitations but when he is one of four wide options in the squad and two of those are injured then he has to pick him, unless he decides to play a different system, or put Watkins wide and the even less effective Davis up front.  I'm staggered people can't put things into context.  I mean what does a fourth-choice winger for a mid-table Premier League side look like anyway?

Yeah I agree with this. I didn't mean to put the blame on Smith to be fair, he hasn't had a load of choice in those positions and has now relegated him to fourth choice. It's just surprising that we signed someone like Trez in the first place I guess.

He is painfully slow but doesn't play to his strengths like most do. He think he is quick. He doesn't pass and move. Amount of times I see this guy get burned for pace. Stop running with the ball. 

His striking of a ball is horrific. The amount of first time shots he scuffs and the amount of first time passes that come off his ankle is quite incredible.

Yes he rans around like a nutcase. Brilliant. 

He is absolute terrible. Thanks for the goals but I hope we are not relying on people like him next year. I'd rather play a kid who might develop over a 26 year old who still can't pass a ball first time 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah I agree with this. I didn't mean to put the blame on Smith to be fair, he hasn't had a load of choice in those positions and has now relegated him to fourth choice. It's just surprising that we signed someone like Trez in the first place I guess.

We had about £10m to spend on a winger so he is pretty much what you get for that money.  He was worth it just for the goals he scored at the end of the season and the cup semi final.  People bemoan the lack of another striker but we saw what a similar amount of money buys you in Samatta.  You buy cheap, you buy twice and £10-15m is cheap nowadays.  Thankfully Dean is a coach who seems to be able to get as much as possible out of some pretty ropey signings but no doubt will already have targets in mind for taking us to the next step in the summer.  Until then Trez will have to play by default if two of Jack, Anwar and Bert are out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Even a broken watch is right two times a day. 

We will never know if we had been safe much earlier if Smith had played another player instead. 

His goals at the end helped us stay up, but that doesn’t mean that he is good enough and has the quality to get in the team. 

I agree, and the same can be said for hourihane, he was decisive in the wins against Newcastle and Norwich on boxing day last season, and even in spite of that it's safe to say most villa fans would agree it's time to move onto better players than him, and for where we want to be even as a squad player we should have better overall quality. 

No doubting he was last season’s Allbäck in terms of saving us but he’s pretty erratic as a player and not good enough for us to kick on. I wouldn’t necessarily ship him out as he was great at the start of this season. We need better starting wingers but I’d happily keep Trez abs El Ghazi as backups. 

Trezzy’s essentially been a victim of our team’s improvement this season. When you’re battling at the basement you’ll always get away with just running around and being a nuisance but with our progression this season we’ve added quality elsewhere and have out performed his capabilities, therefore, highlighting his lack of natural talent.

Will always be massively appreciative of the vital goals that Trezzy scored last season but he’s our third choice winger and just runs around without any natural abilities. He will occasionally pop up on the right place at the right time to bundle in a goal but more often that not there’s zero end product to his play, he tends to just run the ball out of play, dives too much and complains all the time. 

Pleased with what he’s done but we need better. 

• Like 1

Â