Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Just now, Follyfoot said:

We slowed this down at home a few times and he was on

Plus I'm sure VAR would have loved any excuse to bring out the lines and overrule the on field decision. This is the 3rd time this season he's fluffed a gilt-edged chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Plus I'm sure VAR would have loved any excuse to bring out the lines and overrule the on field decision. This is the 3rd time this season he's fluffed a gilt-edged chance.

I’m not saying we would’ve gone on and won the game but the momentum would have been with us. Needs to be burying chances like that one and the others you mention

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’m not saying we would’ve gone on and won the game but the momentum would have been with us. Needs to be burying chances like that one and the others you mention

The other 2 were worse because we deserved to win against West Ham and Brighton. The West Ham one still does my head in whenever I see it. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The other 2 were worse because we deserved to win against West Ham and Brighton. The West Ham one still does my head in whenever I see it. 

I concur,  ridiculously easy chance 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I must have missed this when did he miss another sitter🤔

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Brighton at home and West Ham away.

@1:30 here for example:

Only thing you can do is laugh. I'd already forgotten that chance, that's funny af. He's absolutely useless :lol:

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Only thing you can do is laugh. I'd already forgotten that chance, that's funny af. He's absolutely useless :lol:

These highlights don't even show the other slow motion angle. It's actually quite hilarious how he contrived to miss that.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How on earth we stayed up last season is truly a miracle. Much bigger miracle than promotion.

Two in two seasons, blimey we could be waiting a while for another.

Miracles come around like buses. Roll on the Champions League 2021/22!

On Trez, hope he comes good again even if that purple patch was perhaps the form of his life. But at the moment he looks a bit like I imagine I might if I were out there - tries hard, never stops running, takes some embarrassing shots, misses some sitters that are easier to score, but will get a few one touch goals by getting in the right place and because every extra touch is another chance to make a mistake.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The worst thing for all his criticism is I think he offered more than El Ghazi and Barkley combined. 

Are you serious? Do you really mean that he offered more than AEG against Leicester? AEG had a part in the goal we scored and created and good chance for Traore 

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

Are you serious? Do you really mean that he offered more than AEG against Leicester? AEG had a part in the goal we scored and created and good chance for Traore 

I suppose he did to be fair even if it was a 3 yard headed pass that any player could do. I can’t remember the chance for Traore.

Maybe my memory is clouded but for all of Trez uselessness he seemed to be getting around the pitch more which was causing more of a problem for Leicester. But it was probably also because they were dropping more second half as well as tiring. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suppose he did to be fair even if it was a 3 yard headed pass that any player could do. I can’t remember the chance for Traore.

Maybe my memory is clouded but for all of Trez uselessness he seemed to be getting around the pitch more which was causing more of a problem for Leicester. But it was probably also because they were dropping more second half as well as tiring. 

Actually, I'm not sure Trez would have been able to do it.

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It does look like a pretty good save from that angle, but I recall the other views and thinking he could easily have done better.

It makes the goals he did score at the back end of last season all the more remarkable.  I guess he's a step above your Sunday league bloke in terms of pure ability and consistency, whilst obviously being miles above them in terms of fitness and probably a fair bit of determination.

Feels a harsh summary, as I did recently think he had significantly improved, but seems even that was just another blip in his inconsistent performance. 

Anybody else think Trez could make a pretty good right back? It worked for Matty Cash. I would like to see him given a go under the right circumstances.

He is big enough, strong enough and physical enough. He would obviously be pretty good going forward and he is decent in the air.

Â