Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Enda said:

A couple of decent runs in his short cameo today. Nice to see him cheering on Elmo from the sideline as well.

He was good when he came on today I thought - I’m generally fine with him coming on for a few mins when we are working hard to close out a game. It’s when we are chasing a game I think the lack of talent (at this very high level) shows. But today he had some lovely runs where the fact he runs down a bit of a blind alley was great because we just needed to kill time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Sorry, the thought of taking a player out of their preferred position and putting them somewhere else baffles me. I mean, I can understand the discussion where is Grealish at his best - in the middle or out wide - but this complete repositioning of players makes no sense to me.

He struggles with reading the game, although he has good nose for an opportunity. He would need to be constantly directed in the defensive line because I don't think that he has the understanding for that side of the game. At the moment there are two better RB's at the club and there is a third on loan who is also a better RB.

I don't understand this tendency towards taking a player out of their position where they're not very good and putting them in another position. There were suggestions of putting Davis in midfield at one stage on here. I'd much rather buy a player who already can play this position to challenge the player who currently plays there or give someone like Kessler game time.

I don’t think Trez would make a good right back, will just start with that.

However players often do end up boxed into a position for some reason at 17 and then are stuck there their whole career and might be far better suited elsewhere. Antonio at West Ham for example - a bang average lower league midfielder his whole career, gets pushed up front age 29 and suddenly starts knocking in goals. There’s a long list of players like that. Schweinsteiger spent 10 years as a crappy winger then became a beast in central midfield. City signed Kompany as a midfielder and he became a great centre back. Probably the most similar to the Trez suggestion is Valencia going from being a tricky winger to a hardworking fullback for Man United.

But yeah, I agree, I don’t think Trez will be one of them as a newly reinvented fullback.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Brought lots of energy when he came on, but he thought he turned into Messi with those runs and not wanting to let go of the ball.

Ha ha so true, I was screaming at him to pass the ball. To be fair to him I think he won us a free kick out of it if I remember correctly.

On 28/02/2021 at 00:29, Thug said:

He serves a purpose.

perfectly good squad player, can blow hot and cold.  Seems a good egg, and good attitude.

Can pop up with a goal, won’t dull and upset squad morale.  Didn’t cost a lot, and can’t imagine he’s on huge wages.

Has played some blinding games, has had some equally awful moments.

Why we’re hell bent on trying to push these kinds of player out the door is beyond me.

His usefulness will come to a natural end as the quality of the squad improves, but for where we are right now, he’s a perfectly good squad option.

Beautifully put.

He relieved pressure on us yesterday. Yes, he countered that to a degree by giving away a careless foul (although you could argue this also gave us chance to reset), and made the wrong choice on a couple of his runs, but by the point had already got the ball 70% of the way up the pitch.  He could be better, who couldn't,  but he did his job yesterday and I see many more games where he'll do the same again.

I also see there will be a game he comes in and gives away a careless foul where we do concede from, but who's to say we wouldn't have conceded earlier without his energy coming in. 

For where we are, what he costs, and what we can attract by way of a backup right winger, he's more than adequate. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I like Trez, works hard and makes a nuisance of himself. But he really is way off the standard required for the Premier league 

He wasn't good enough for the Belgian league which is why he ended up at a midtable Turkish outfit. Can't fault his effort but he should have no future at this club if the club has any ambition.

• Like 1

Trez makes me wonder if I got fit enough could I play in the Premier league, he offers absolutely nothing other than effort. I know he's 3rd choice winger but I actually can't wait for us to move him on and replace him with some one better. 

• Like 1

Â