Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why is it a weak argument?

We needed to win the games against Palace and Arsenal, and it was Trezeguets goals which won us those games...

I completely agree that he isnt good enough for us if we want to progress and move forward, but considering some of the bags of shit we have signed in the past 20 years who contributed absolutely **** all (Sylla, Holman et al), his contribution was vital for us staying in the league...

Did we gain more than 3 points in each match from beating Arsenal and CP? they were worth the same amount as any previous win in the season.

Beating Everton at start of season was just as important as beating Palace in terms of points-  it just so happened he scored goals v CP and Arsenal and these games were later in the season.

He is a woeful footballer who shouldn’t be playing at this level - period

we could go forever - did Dougie keep us up as he got us back into the game v watford, and TM and Konza last minute? We could go on and on.

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I can't hate a guy that works as hard as he does. But his time here surely is over in the summer. 

I don't think any Villa fan should hate Trez - the kid works his socks off - but we mostly recognise that he is just not good enough for where we want to be now.

• Like 3

Christ, he's bad isn't he? 
Everytime he gets the ball I shudder at the thought of what he will do next. Oh, and of course our best chance from the Sanson cutback had to fall to him and of course he had to mishit it. 

Honestly, it would be a monumental failure by the club if he isn't moved on in the Summer. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't think any Villa fan should hate Trez - the kid works his socks off - but we mostly recognise that he is just not good enough for where we want to be now.

He does try hard, but just like Ghazi we can't keep them at the club any longer, we need major massive improved signings on them.

And before anyway starts by saying it's hate, no it's bloody not, it's reality that they are not good enough at this level to put in constant regular performances like what Grealish, Watkins, Cash, Konsa, Target, Ming's can. We need players near that level who can make things happen on the Wings and unfortunately Trezegeut and Ghazi can not..

I'd even say we need improvements in midfield, Mcginn moved as a sub and he'd be a fine sub to have. A better CDM but we're talking much like all of the above getting to the next level of signings now. We need to be pulling in international world class signings, I believe we can bring in that type of player if we can finish strong at the end of the season and stay in top 10..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He cheers me up in our losses.

Cannot control or kick a football properly. Really really funny.

You could drop him into a League Two match and he wouldn't stand out.

Ha this is the nail on the head. At least I get to laugh. I agree with the League Two comment too—well, maybe League One, but it's there or thereabouts for me. He looks like someone really trying very hard to make it and to take responsibility, which I definitely respect, but he's just not got it.

34 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Ha this is the nail on the head. At least I get to laugh. I agree with the League Two comment too—well, maybe League One, but it's there or thereabouts for me. He looks like someone really trying very hard to make it and to take responsibility, which I definitely respect, but he's just not got it.

Ha - I know what you mean, though I disagree about league two. He'd probably kill it in the championship. I'm always rooting for him and hoping whatever zany scheme his mad brain has concocted will come off, but I'd never pick him.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2021 at 11:04, Delphinho123 said:

Christ, he's bad isn't he? 
Everytime he gets the ball I shudder at the thought of what he will do next. Oh, and of course our best chance from the Sanson cutback had to fall to him and of course he had to mishit it. 

Honestly, it would be a monumental failure by the club if he isn't moved on in the Summer. 

about 20 seconds before he played a brilliant back heel which just shows he doesnt know what he will do next

Trez seems a great guy and his form after 'Project Restart' helped keep us up but he just isn't going to really improve us much more.

Villa should listen to offers for him.

Did we pay about £9million? I'd say if we can get £12-15million for him then sell him.

His stats in the PL are 53 appearances, 6 goals, 3 assists.

He probably should have scored 12 considering he has missed at least 6 great chances.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Trez seems a great guy and his form after 'Project Restart' helped keep us up but he just isn't going to really improve us much more.

Villa should listen to offers for him.

Did we pay about £9million? I'd say if we can get £12-15million for him then sell him.

His stats in the PL are 53 appearances, 6 goals, 3 assists.

He probably should have scored 12 considering he has missed at least 6 great chances.

I think it’ll probably be a case of cutting our loses and getting 5M or so for him. Either that or loan him out until his contract ends. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 22/03/2021 at 08:25, Demitri_C said:

Time to go trez.  Headless chicken that runs but creates or offers very little in a attacking sense

His time to go was last summer, it's over due now. 

• Like 1

Â