Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Jesus...

Some of the bile aimed at this bloke on this forum is mad...

No, he isnt the most talented footballer in the league, and yes, he is probably our weakest link...

But it was his goals that saved us when we were up against the wall and staring relegation in the face...
He hasnt insulted the fans or disgraced the club or done something that we should take as a personal insult...
He works his arse off but he just isnt up to the standard we need...

He definitely needs to be replaced and improved upon... but I when he goes, I will wish him well and thank him for what he has done for us

• Like 1

I've seen an Under 12s player hit the ball with more power than he does. Just a nothing player, the level is too high for him. He's out paced, muscled and skilled at every corner. Just play someone else. Dropping from Grealish to Trez is going from the best LW in the league to the worst.  

• Like 2

He was incredibly poor tonight and has been this season.  I'm not sure where his Project Restart form as gone where he actually looked ok.  I don't know how he stayed on when BT went off and I would rather see Jadon PB starting/on the bench than Trez for the rest of this season.

• Like 1

Transpires it was a run of good luck that sent him on his scoring streak. Clearly the ability is as limited as it has always been. The exception is not the norm.

That said, I don't wish him any ill will, i thank him for the goals that kept us up when noone else looked like scoring, and hope he goes on to finish his career successfully somewhere else.

Experiment needs to end if we want to score.

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Jesus...

No, he isnt the most talented footballer in the league, and yes, he is probably our weakest link...

But it was his goals that saved us when we were up against the wall and staring relegation in the face...
He hasnt insulted the fans or disgraced the club or done something that we should take as a personal insult...

He definitely needs to be replaced and improved upon... but I when he goes, I will wish him well and thank him for what he has done for us

Saying it was his goals that saved us is such a weak argument - certainly not a reason he should be playing for us...his goals helped generate the points needed to stay up but had he of helped prior in the season we wouldn’t have needed the wins v arsenal and palace etc.

When he goes I will certainly not look back on him fondly. It’s depressing watching him run around aimlessly, a shot weaker than a 15 year old and gives away needless fouls. 

He would struggle in the championship. I’d happily release him in summer for no money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Ye you cant have the ball pulled back to you 12 yards out in the premier league and not make proper contact. 

Too many chances wasted by him this season. Odd, as he was somewhat of a hot shot last season.

The maddest thing about that was it then fell to traore who made even worse contact before falling to mcginn who beat a man and scuffed one straight at the keeper

3 players with 3 shots of awful technique in the space of 10 seconds, doesn't get more Aston Villa than that 

10 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Saying it was his goals that saved us is such a weak argument - certainly not a reason he should be playing for us...his goals helped generate the points needed to stay up but had he of helped prior in the season we wouldn’t have needed the wins v arsenal and palace etc.

When he goes I will certainly not look back on him fondly. It’s depressing watching him run around aimlessly, a shot weaker than a 15 year old and gives away needless fouls. 

He would struggle in the championship. I’d happily release him in summer for no money.

Why is it a weak argument?

We needed to win the games against Palace and Arsenal, and it was Trezeguets goals which won us those games...

I completely agree that he isnt good enough for us if we want to progress and move forward, but considering some of the bags of shit we have signed in the past 20 years who contributed absolutely **** all (Sylla, Holman et al), his contribution was vital for us staying in the league...

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Jesus...

But you basically just said what everyone else is saying. Lol

I haven't seen personal insults levelled?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â