Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

On 25/03/2021 at 21:46, Mark_1989 said:

WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET 12-15 MILLION FOR HIM 🤣

I saw £2m mentioned.  I am hoping we can find the same head of recruitment that sponsored the Samatta deal (we just need to look for his labrador and dark glasses) and we may get a bit more than that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Be closer to 5m.

Not sure if be that low. When you see championship playeta going for more than that. I reckon 8-10m

Could see a loan with view to perm potentially like we did with samatta.

Both have been flops for me

10 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I saw £2m mentioned.  I am hoping we can find the same head of recruitment that sponsored the Samatta deal (we just need to look for his labrador and dark glasses) and we may get a bit more than that.

He can surely be about 6-7m (what did we actually pay for him 8m?) Start of season he was regular in team near the top for first three months and people will see the goals he pops up with now and again so no way has he been a downright flop....just not as good as he was hyped up to be.

People still seem stuck a bit in the MON years where we pretty much had to give away unwanted squad players because the likes of Beye and Davies barely played but likes of AEG and Trez have have good run of starts this year so that keeps the value up given they've both part of top half team.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He can surely be about 6-7m (what did we actually pay for him 8m?) Start of season he was regular in team near the top for first three months and people will see the goals he pops up with now and again so no way has he been a downright flop....just not as good as he was hyped up to be.

People still seem stuck a bit in the MON years where we pretty much had to give away unwanted squad players because the likes of Beye and Davies barely played but likes of AEG and Trez have have good run of starts this year so that keeps the value up given they've both part of top half team.

I think the challenge is not valuation necessarily but finding someone with money post the pandemic.  Unless they have just received a big cheque from one of the big boys for a player.

The right club would pay a fair bit for Ghazi and Trezegeut and I feel as long as we get a little above or maybe break even then we should snap the first club hand off who comes to sign either of them.

We have to be rid of these pointless Wingers who are not good enough for the level we need them to be at.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The right club would pay a fair bit for Ghazi and Trezegeut and I feel as long as we get a little above or maybe break even then we should snap the first club hand off who comes to sign either of them.

We have to be rid of these pointless Wingers who are not good enough for the level we need them to be at.

What’s the right club?   

Nobody is signing either of them unless it’s dirt cheap.  They’ll see their contracts out. Trust me.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s the right club?   

Nobody is signing either of them unless it’s dirt cheap.  They’ll see their contracts out. Trust me.

Well the right club that comes along that sees them get a decent move away even if its us that lose out.

I'm not bothered to be fair so long as we rid ourselves of Ghazi and Trez and were done with the pair of them.

I feel if we fetched in two capable Wingers at least who could at least put a cross in, know how to defend, Service or deliver balls to a lone striker would at least be something. We wouldn't feel as though were always two men down before a minute starts on the game timer if we got rid of them.

And if they don't and they do what you said and see the contracts out, it's a shame we won't be able to offload and they will be more lost souls no one wants. At least we can get rid soon as there contract are up but we should still go after much better and replace them even if they get lost at the club. ..

Edited by Dave-R

Although I like him personally he's nowhere near good enough.  I'd take a few million for him and move him on and hopefully he'll take his toxic fans with him.  Sick of them ruining any inclusive message the official Villa page post.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s the right club?   

Turkish clubs seem to love Trez but dunno if they've got the capabilities to pay what we want. Fenerbache took Ozil on a free.

He really has become a scapegoat. Three starts since his injury and covid. Before then he was good. He is clearly is only just getting upto match fitness. 

While Traore has scored a few goals his performances have been not been great. He started every since Jack got injured, but I don’t see the same condemnation. 

Traore was awful against Tottenham and Newcastle. At least Trez has a valid reason in coming back from injury.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He really has become a scapegoat. Three starts since his injury and covid. Before then he was good. He is clearly is only just getting upto match fitness. 

While Traore has scored a few goals his performances have been not been great. He started every since Jack got injured, but I don’t see the same condemnation. 

Traore was awful against Tottenham and Newcastle. At least Trez has a valid reason in coming back from injury.

It's been about two months since he came back from injury though, isn't it? 

The problem with Trez is clear to see - other than work rate he offers next to nothing. His technique is poor, his crossing is poor, his finishing is poor his decision making is poor.

He was doing relatively well at the start of the season because both Jack and Barkley were at the top of their game and we'll made up for his limitations, and his work rate balanced it all out neatly. But teams have also adapted their tactics to us, Barkley has virtually resigned, so that model isn't something we can really replicate. 

Traore, for all his limitations, has 8 goal contributions to his name in the league. El Ghazi has 6. Trez has one. 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

I couldn't disagree more. He's never been good enough and a few passable games as a defensive winger doesn't change that.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, WooJung said:

It's been about two months since he came back from injury though, isn't it? 

The problem with Trez is clear to see - other than work rate he offers next to nothing. His technique is poor, his crossing is poor, his finishing is poor his decision making is poor.

He was doing relatively well at the start of the season because both Jack and Barkley were at the top of their game and we'll made up for his limitations, and his work rate balanced it all out neatly. But teams have also adapted their tactics to us, Barkley has virtually resigned, so that model isn't something we can really replicate. 

Traore, for all his limitations, has 8 goal contributions to his name in the league. El Ghazi has 6. Trez has one. 

Trez limitations are the same the other two. They don't create enough. They can get on the end of things that is it really. Trez was also making up for Barkley's limitations with his workraye and pressing something the other two are incapable of. 

Three starts isn't enough for match fitness and sharpness after 2 months out.

Â