Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Anybody else think Trez could make a pretty good right back? It worked for Matty Cash. I would like to see him given a go under the right circumstances.

He is big enough, strong enough and physical enough. He would obviously be pretty good going forward and he is decent in the air.

No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Anybody else think Trez could make a pretty good right back? It worked for Matty Cash. I would like to see him given a go under the right circumstances.

He is big enough, strong enough and physical enough. He would obviously be pretty good going forward and he is decent in the air.

There's logic to the idea but for me the guy is just no where near this level and I think he will be moved on when the time is right.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

There's logic to the idea but for me the guy is just no where near this level and I think he will be moved on when the time is right.

He lacks composure on the ball, miscontrols and kicks are common, this is more an issue when he's potentially furthest back and isolated. 

38 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Insightful 

Sorry, the thought of taking a player out of their preferred position and putting them somewhere else baffles me. I mean, I can understand the discussion where is Grealish at his best - in the middle or out wide - but this complete repositioning of players makes no sense to me.

He struggles with reading the game, although he has good nose for an opportunity. He would need to be constantly directed in the defensive line because I don't think that he has the understanding for that side of the game. At the moment there are two better RB's at the club and there is a third on loan who is also a better RB.

I don't understand this tendency towards taking a player out of their position where they're not very good and putting them in another position. There were suggestions of putting Davis in midfield at one stage on here. I'd much rather buy a player who already can play this position to challenge the player who currently plays there or give someone like Kessler game time.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Sorry, the thought of taking a player out of their preferred position and putting them somewhere else baffles me. I mean, I can understand the discussion where is Grealish at his best - in the middle or out wide - but this complete repositioning of players makes no sense to me.

He struggles with reading the game, although he has good nose for an opportunity. He would need to be constantly directed in the defensive line because I don't think that he has the understanding for that side of the game. At the moment there are two better RB's at the club and there is a third on loan who is also a better RB.

I don't understand this tendency towards taking a player out of their position where they're not very good and putting them in another position. There were suggestions of putting Davis in midfield at one stage on here. I'd much rather buy a player who already can play this position to challenge the player who currently plays there or give someone like Kessler game time.

But that’s exactly what happened with Cash and look how well he has done.

I also think that Trez has been better this season. He was good up until he first got injured. I would take him over AEG every day of the week. Football is about balance. We are a better team with him in it because he provides energy and physicality to an otherwise placid team. 

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

But that’s exactly what happened with Cash and look how well he has done.

I also think that Trez has been better this season. He was good up until he first got injured. I would take him over AEG every day of the week. Football is about balance. We are a better team with him in it because he provides energy and physicality to an otherwise placid team. 

Before this season, I had never seen Cash play really apart from that 5-5 game against us so I can't really comment (he writes before commenting),  but I would hazard a guess that there was that basic understanding of reading the game etc. from a defensive point of view and he was generally very versatile from what I've read about him.

Now there is an argument that he should play ahead of AEG on the wing. IMO you lose some things but you gain other things depending on who you play. It's a case of playing one of them in order to best suit the opponent. AEG against the "lesser" teams where you have more of the ball and Trez against the teams you really need the work and physicality against. It's really 50-50 because they are both so hit and miss.

For me though he is never going to be a good RB but if it turns out that way I will drop you a line and say you were right.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, M_Afro said:

No. He is not physical enough. He tries to show he's up for the battle, but you can see him bottling it.

That said, played well tonight :)

3 hours ago, Enda said:

A couple of decent runs in his short cameo today. Nice to see him cheering on Elmo from the sideline as well.

think he might be pushing Terry out of the coaching set up the way he was acting at times :D 

4 hours ago, Enda said:

A couple of decent runs in his short cameo today. Nice to see him cheering on Elmo from the sideline as well.

I think he was the only person more surprised than I was that he still had the ball at the end of those runs.  I do love his attitude though.

Â