Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

13 hours ago, villa89 said:

They are both championship standard at best. Hopefully both leave this summer. 

They’re both Championship at worst. “Championship at best” means League 1 standard.

• Like 1

I think both him and El Ghazi are both seriously lacking football intelligence for this level. 

I’d like some wingers that can do the basics like an accurate 5 yard pass or a clearance in the 94 minute to see a game out. The decision making from both of them is so frustrating at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he will go this summer, 1 assist all season is his contribution

If he is starting games in 2022 for Villa then our recruitment has failed

I'm absolutely shocked he has 0 goals, I looked it up after reading your post. He's missed a *lot* of sitters, but I thought he'd still have 3 or 4. 0 goals and 1 assist from 19 appearances is astonishing. 

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think both him and El Ghazi are both seriously lacking football intelligence for this level. 

I’d like some wingers that can do the basics like an accurate 5 yard pass or a clearance in the 94 minute to see a game out. The decision making from both of them is so frustrating at times.

I don't think AEG does, but Trez is basically Gabby albeit with a better attitude. 

55 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think AEG does, but Trez is basically Gabby albeit with a better attitude. 

I think you’re being unfair on Gabby mate. He was class for a couple of years. 

Im not a fan of either Trez or AEG. But I guess at least the latter scores goals sometimes. 

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im not a fan of either Trez or AEG. But I guess at least the latter scores goals sometimes. 

This season, yes.

Last season, Trez scored nearly twice as many goals per minute (1 every 325, versus 1 every 515) as AEG.

It’s not obvious which year is more representative. Trez has been crap this year but he’s also had COVID.

On 13/03/2021 at 23:20, Enda said:

They’re both Championship at worst. “Championship at best” means League 1 standard.

Not sure how you work that one out, but ' Championship at best ' would mean anywhere from the top of the Championship downwards.

" Championship at worst ' would actually mean he is Championship quality, minimum, at his shittest, and anywhere upwards in better form.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure how you work that one out, but ' Championship at best ' would mean anywhere from the top of the Championship downwards.

" Championship at worst ' would actually mean he is Championship quality, minimum, at his shittest, and anywhere upwards in better form.

Last season, not long ago at all, Trez played an important role in a Premier League team. Kept them up, really. Scored six or seven goals from right wing. So, at his best, Trez is banging them in in the PL.

Six months on, his form has dipped massively. He’d still absolutely get a game with a Millwall or a Luton, and be a very good option for a Watford or a Barnsley. So, at his worst, he’d still be a very solid Championship player.

I know people use the phrase “Championship at best” as an intelligent-sounding insult, but it’s like Yanks saying “I could care less.” It means the opposite of what they think it does!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Enda said:

Last season, not long ago at all, Trez played an important role in a Premier League team. Kept them up, really. Scored six or seven goals from right wing. So, at his best, Trez is banging them in in the PL.

Six months on, his form has dipped massively. He’d still absolutely get a game with a Millwall or a Luton, and be a very good option for a Watford or a Barnsley. So, at his worst, he’d still be a very solid Championship player.

I know people use the phrase “Championship at best” as an intelligent-sounding insult, but it’s like Yanks saying “I could care less.” It means the opposite of what they think it does!

Ah ok, think I get what you were trying to say now mate.

I actually only saw the comment in isolation, haven't really been following the thread.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was used and managed well by MON, for sure - he was excellent for us at that time, but we all saw what followed. He couldn't be arsed for years after. 

I don’t think Trez will be around to take us to the promise land. 

However, he was the whipping boy when the teams form was crap most of last season, was the hero come the last few games when we put together a good run of form, and people could not sing his praises high enough on how much he’d improved when we started the season like a house on fire.

Trez’s form tends to be a product of the teams performance and right now Villa is not playing its best football.

Our problems are definitely bigger than just Trez, although, in saying that, our problems are still a far cry from last season.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2021 at 00:34, Enda said:

I'd argue that the reason we were being threatened with relegation is we were relying on Championship at best players like Trezeguet. Thanks for the goals, of course, but even when he was scoring he was a black hole for possession and had zero actual threat when he had the ball (yes, besides the time he kicked it in the net after someone passed to him, which is an important skill itself but a winger needs more than that). If we want to progress upgrading Trez is the first and most glaringly obvious thing to do. 

Edited by Rolta

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'd argue that the reason we were being threatened with relegation is we were relying on Championship at best players like Trezeguet. Thanks for the goals, of course, but even when he was scoring he was a black hole for possession and had zero actual threat when he had the ball (yes, besides the time he kicked it in the net after someone passed to him, which is an important skill itself but a winger needs more than that). If we want to progress upgrading Trez is the first and most glaringly obvious thing to do. 

And then El Ghazi please...

Â