Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Theres a lot of unfair criticism on here about him. at least he gives a shit not like many of the rest of them 

quite a serious allegation. I dont think any of our players are not trying

• Like 2

He somehow reverted to an even worse version of himself from last year, which I didn't think was possible. Seems to be another hit hard by covid as he was a completely different player before his injury this season. He was dare I say it, kind of good?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He somehow reverted to an even worse version of himself from last year, which I didn't think was possible. Seems to be another hit hard by covid as he was a completely different player before his injury this season. He was dare I say it, kind of good?

He was and I could barely believe it but he picked himself in the starting eleven. Dude's a rollercoaster.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think like last season I will have to go back to call him Mahmoud Hassan as he doesn't deserve the Trezeguet name

At least this used to be true last season:

On 09/11/2020 at 12:13, Keyblade said:

Mahmoud Hassan at the back post:

A Golden Goal and the cruelty of symmetry; the legend of David Trezeguet

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly wonder if Luiz was one of the players like Trez who was impacted the most. His performances pre and post the January stoppage have been night and day.

It's time to let Trez go now. There's always interest from Turkey in him it seems so he can end up back there for what we paid more or less.

Would actually be good in these situations to have some sort of link up with another euro club when you see Watford just moving on players to Udinese and Granada constantly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Honestly wonder if Luiz was one of the players like Trez who was impacted the most. His performances pre and post the January stoppage have been night and day.

It's time to let Trez go now. There's always interest from Turkey in him it seems so he can end up back there for what we paid more or less.

Would actually be good in these situations to have some sort of link up with another euro club when you see Watford just moving on players to Udinese and Granada constantly.

Wonder if Barkley had it too. He just looks spent, beyond what you could say is a lack of fitness. We know Targett had it but luckily he seems at pretty much the same level.

On 23/03/2021 at 12:05, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Trez seems a great guy and his form after 'Project Restart' helped keep us up but he just isn't going to really improve us much more.

Villa should listen to offers for him.

Did we pay about £9million? I'd say if we can get £12-15million for him then sell him.

His stats in the PL are 53 appearances, 6 goals, 3 assists.

He probably should have scored 12 considering he has missed at least 6 great chances.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET 12-15 MILLION FOR HIM 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/03/2021 at 12:43, PaulC said:

Theres a lot of unfair criticism on here about him. at least he gives a shit not like many of the rest of them 

I give a shit. Wouldn’t stop me being disastrous if I played a game. 

• Like 2

I remember when Guardiola mentioned that Villa have good players, he mentioned Jack and Barkley and he also mentioned Trez, he is a good player. 

Trez isn't the typical pacy winger, or a magician like Jack. It's unfair to judge his performances according to a criteria that doesn't take his game's features into account.  His running off the ball between the lines, pressing and support he provides his teammates, as well as his knack of popping up at the back stick is what Trez is all about, as well as good link up play.  Trez's running off the ball and the work he puts in was making the 4-2-3-1 as effective as it was when we where flying high before Christmas. 

True his finishing has been woeful this season, however the rest of his game pre-covid breakout was very good and everyone one on here was rightly very happy with him.

He game is about movement and workrate. He injured his hamstring and then got covid. So obviously this is going to impact him heavily. The last match he made some good runs and looked quite lively in the first half, but faded in the second half.

Let's be clear he isn't the most talented winger you'll see, but his qualities were instrumental to our good form in those first 13 games.

I feel like he is being made a scapegoat as Taylor hasn't had a game! Most of the criticism levelled at Trez has been unfair. He has only had 2 or 3 starts since his injury. This poor run of form the team is going through simply isn't his fault. 

Edited by Philosopher
  • Haha 1

I don't get how people can watch us and say he's good enough for the Premier League. He has never shown anything but the opposite. Players like Trezeguet are the reason we were fighting relegation last year and the fact he kicked the ball in the net a few times (while doing nothing else) doesn't change that. I still have nightmares of Samatta and Trezeguet losing the ball every time they got it. 

Thanks for those goals though, and he tries hard. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

I think his poor performances stand out when the whole team play poorly. At the start of the season he wasn’t amazing but he was working really hard and having the odd decent moment. The poor parts of his game were still there but forgotten because we were winning. Now we are losing and the whole team are struggling, his limitations really stand out. 

Edit: The same applies to AEG.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Moving forward I think we can do better. Look he didn't cost a lot, tries  hard and has scored a few goals, and will probably be gone in the summer at probably the same value. We had a squad to get promoted, then we have had a squad to keep us up (just) and now we need a squad to seriously challenge for the European spots.

I have seen a lot of other Villa signings do worse things than that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think his poor performances stand out when the whole team play poorly. At the start of the season he wasn’t amazing but he was working really hard and having the odd decent moment. The poor parts of his game were still there but forgotten because we were winning. Now we are losing and the whole team are struggling, his limitations really stand out. 

Edit: The same applies to AEG.

Start of the season he wasn't complicating things. He seemed to have figured out what he was capable of and what he wasn't. He wasn't trying to blow by players with his nonexistent pace, or try some extravagant controls. At the time I put it down to him being more used to the pace of the league and being in a settled team. I think Covid messed all that up and he's back to square 1 and how he was last season.

On 23/03/2021 at 12:43, PaulC said:

I don't think I've seen anyone criticise his effort, just his quality.  You can clearly see he is giving it his all and he is frustrated that nothing is coming off for him.  However, if you have watched us over the last 10 games or so, I don't see how anyone could judge that view as unfair??

Â