Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's been a mainstay in the national team since 2010!

Fun fact: Elmo and Salah are a rare breed of Egyptian footballers that forged a career in Europe having not played for giants Al Ahli or Zamalek. Even more extraordinary is that they are arguably 2 of the most succesful Egyptian footballers in recent times if not history.

all depends how you define success. Elmo hasnt really won anything at club level(I dont count play-offs). Elneny for example has won more even Mido

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyway very good window for me would be:

Etheridge- 12m

Kamil Glik- 10m (Monaco)

Mings- 15m

Left back- Greg Taylor 3m (Kilmarnock)

Tomas Rincon 5m (Torino)

Samuel Chukeweze 30m (Villareal) The statement signing of the summer for us.

Iago Falque 8m (Torino)

Kevin Gamiero (season long loan from Valencia). Have a feeling he'll be available if they sign Maxi Gomez as they already have likes of Rodrigo Moreno and Santi Mina as other attacking options. Pretty sure there was talk of him going to Swansea in 17/18.

No chance whatsoever we'd get relegated with that, well stocked in pretty much every area with some quality players to lift us to mid table.

Kamil Glik would be a dream transfer, but I doubt it will happen. His family love Monaco, he is well respected there and earns a huge wage. Also, he is getting a bit old-ish and a transfer from a slower Ligue 1 might show some of his weaknesses. 

However, if we could get him for a year or 2, I'd be all for it.

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Kamil Glik would be a dream transfer, but I doubt it will happen. His family love Monaco, he is well respected there and earns a huge wage. Also, he is getting a bit old-ish and a transfer from a slower Ligue 1 might show some of his weaknesses. 

However, if we could get him for a year or 2, I'd be all for it.

He reminds me so much of Mellberg way he plays. Also scores a few a season so touch of Martin Laursen.

I don't think it's so bad to have experienced head or two in defence, it's generally an area of the pitch where you're better/more effective in your early 30s than early 20s as opposed to midfield and upfront.

You're probably right, time to get him was when he was at Torino but we were in a dreadful mess. Was just thinking after their disaster season Monaco will probably reshape their squad and they might look to move him out.

If we're going with Freddy at RB and Hause at LB that's two young full backs. We need some experience either side of them, Mings is a leader but he's not that old either.

I know we signed them a fair few years ago not but just think Mellberg, Laursen and Bouma cost 13m between them! Three top quality international defenders who gave us many good seasons. Alpay aswell was a good value signing until he went mental.

Would love us to come out with some deals like that this summer.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He reminds me so much of Mellberg way he plays. Also scores a few a season so touch of Martin Laursen.

I don't think it's so bad to have experienced head or two in defence, it's generally an area of the pitch where you're better/more effective in your early 30s than early 20s as opposed to midfield and upfront.

You're probably right, time to get him was when he was at Torino but we were in a dreadful mess. Was just thinking after their disaster season Monaco will probably reshape their squad and they might look to move him out.

If we're going with Freddy at RB and Hause at LB that's two young full backs. We need some experience either side of them, Mings is a leader but he's not that old either.

I know we signed them a fair few years ago not but just think Mellberg, Laursen and Bouma cost 13m between them! Three top quality international defenders who gave us many good seasons. Alpay aswell was a good value signing until he went mental.

Would love us to come out with some deals like that this summer.

That's why I think that Bednarek, his young padawan, would be a better option.

But you might be right with experience. Offer him 50/60k, 2 year deal and finishing off his career in the best league in the world might just do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Romania U21 made Tomori look extremely bad.  Hagi and Coman look amazing, but hard to tell if that's only because our defence were woeful or vice versa. They've got cracking strikes on them both though.

See I think the keeper should have done better with all goals.

Hajis shot was just left of centre, about half way between centre of the goal and the post. Sorry but I'd be expecting my keeper to save that. (or at least dive for it)

Comans goal in the last minute, yes it was beautifully struck, but again Henderson stood still for a shot hit well outside the box that wasn't too far from him..

To think some on here wanted us to sign Henderson. He let one through his hands as well the 2 mentioned and also didn't dive for the penalty. One of the worst keeping displays I've seen in my life.

I'm an early adopter of news now aggregator and has been very useful in the past for FPL and such but now it's just frustrating as hell. 2 "articles" in Villa section from Football Fancast and Soccer Souls which are basically just 2 young guys with Facebook pages looking for merch and getting paid by clicks have stupid rumour/opinion "articles"

1. Daily Mail reporting Villa will move for Dack which means Grealish can be sold. 

2. Leicester should buy McGinn as he's only valued at 4 million according to Vila sources

BTW these are about the level of veracity of most of the red top rumours that get mentioned on here imo

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Would anyone fancy taking a punt on Keiran Tierney, LB at Celtic?

Would be an amazing signing but probably unrealistic , arsenal are very closely tracking him aswel as some of other bigger clubs around Europe

59 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Would be an amazing signing but probably unrealistic , arsenal are very closely tracking him aswel as some of other bigger clubs around Europe

Yeah, I wouldn’t put this in the ‘punt’ category 

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks and Nakamba?

He did ok. You can tell he likes a tackle and he seems to have quick feet when he has the ball and is looking to pass it on. What stood out for me was his athleticism. It was an end to end game, both teams really going for it, and he seemed to handle the heat, occasion and energy well. He also likes to pass the ball forward. I'd take a punt on him for sure. Reminds me of a cross between Kante and Gueye. 

I should add that he made one really crunching tackle seconds before half time and the player was still down when the whistle was blown. Nakamba went back to check him out and helped him to his feet whist the rest of the players left the field. 

Second half, Mo Salah went on a dribbling run and cut across the edge of the box to get a shot off with his left foot, Nakamba saw the danger and sort of levered him off the ball, came away with it, then made a long pass that sent Zimbabwe away on the counter from which they created s scoring opportunity. It was mentioned by the commentators that he'd started that attack from his own box. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Thanks 2

Sheff U linked with Luke Freeman who has been QPR's best player every game for about 2 years. Good player.

Could switch in for John or Jack if needed. Fee is £4m and I'll be surprised if it's that low as everyone we look from the same division seems to be "worth" £20m.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sheff U linked with Luke Freeman who has been QPR's best player every game for about 2 years. Good player.

Could switch in for John or Jack if needed. Fee is £4m and I'll be surprised if it's that low as everyone we look from the same division seems to be "worth" £20m.

He is a good player but he’s nowhere near John or Jack’s class

Although he made an error in the U21 game, how about Dean Henderson? Would be cheaper than Butland and looks a decent footballer as well. Still, would be more than happy with Butland.

Also still hope we are looking at Olivier Ntcham at Celtic.

Let's hope that the signing start to happen over the next couple of days though.

• Like 1