Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He has already taken a fairly lengthy break to the US (no issue with that in my view although some always seem to have a problem with it) so if he really is heading abroad I don’t very much it’s a holiday.

Going to meet Mousa Marega....

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Surely it's a sense of realism after the euphoric end of season highs, rather than negativity. 

No it comes across as negativity given it’s only June 22nd .... if we didn’t have a highly rated sorting director and CEO with two clever businessmen backing this all up then yeah I would understand . IMO the realism is we have signed 4 players broken our transfer record and it’s not even July . I think some of the comments on here are borne from years of negativity and not based on our current reality and people need to lighten up. Just my opinion on the matter. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Welcome to Aston Villa Joao Felix and Alex Grimaldo?

:D

Or maybe he's on the way to talk to Costa from wolves, assuming he might go home in the holidays to Portugal?

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He has already taken a fairly lengthy break to the US (no issue with that in my view although some always seem to have a problem with it) so if he really is heading abroad I don’t very much it’s a holiday.

I know there are eejits everywhere but ( just very briefly) what on Earth have some found to complain about him having a holiday ?!?!

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I know there are eejits everywhere but ( just very briefly) what on Earth have some found to complain about him having a holiday ?!?!

Not him specifically, just previously manager/director holidays in the summer have been an issue for some.

• Like 1

I imagine that even on the rare occasions people in these position goes on holiday they are still very much in the loop and are having contact with the other top brass at their club.

Doubt Smith, Purslow, Jebus and the rest have their phones switched off many hours per day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

GK is the least of our concerns.

We need at least another 2 cb's, another fullback, a dm, a couple more wingers and maybe a better backup striker than Kodjia.

We are still way off.

Was waiting for the voice of positivity! 😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

Someone on twitter has posted a picture of themselves with Dean Smith on a flight to Portugal, so looks like our manager is only just now going away for a break. Although I guess signings could still happen without his presence.

A meeting with Jorge Mendes perhaps, or a weekend golfing break in Vilamoura? :detect:

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We need at least another 2 cb's, another fullback, a dm, a couple more wingers and maybe a better backup striker than Kodjia.

We are still way off.

Which is hardly surprising given the squad we had when we came up and the amount of time passed since, that’s before we even consider it’s still bloody June.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Hysterical bunch at times aren’t we ... chillax ! 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1213395

Look at the list of signings so far and as you will see we have been the busiest so far .. it’s only June 22nd for Christ sake some of the hyperbole on here is hilarious but also worrying. Players are either on holiday or still playing plenty of time. If we have still only signed 4 players in 3 weeks or so time I’ll be fretting a tad. 

We're also the only team that need to completely rebuild our squad. I can understand why some are concerned. A lot needs to happen for us to stay up. We need a lot of players to come in, they need to settle, gel with their teammates and then understand how we're going to approach games. Pre-season is absolutely crucial for us this year, it will be Smith's first pre-season and will really allow him to establish his goals with how we're going to play this season.

That said, the next few weeks should be fun. If they aren't and transfers drag til the end of the window, we are screwed. Will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We are still way off.

I do agree with the above but you cannot legislate for the timing of deals. There are too many external factors. We will be working on all of the above but the deals will be finalised as they happen not by our own perceived order of importance. If we get a GK first and a DM last then so be it.

We need to trust the guys making the decisions. We actually have a good group handling the negotiations for the first time in years. I fully trust them to make the right decisions.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have we been linked to any players from Portugal?

Do managers usually fly out to discuss a move with a player?

Whats Suso up to?

Yes Helder Costa.

Remember a lot of players go home in the break, so although Costa might play for Wolves, he might have gone home to Portugal for a break.

I think its Felix tho tbh :P

Just now, MaVilla said:

Yes Helder Costa.

Remember a lot of players go home in the break, so although Costa might play for Wolves, he might have gone home to Portugal for a break.

I think its Felix tho tbh :P

You mean he doesn’t stay in sunny Wolverhampton all summmer? But, you get some good bands on at the Civic and the Wulfrun Hall.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m in Portugal right now! Maybe he’s flying out to finally offer me a contract. 

Can you play LB?

Never mind, you're probably better than Taylor anyway.

Welcome to Villa!

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

You mean he doesn’t stay in sunny Wolverhampton all summmer? But, you get some good bands on at the Civic and the Wulfrun Hall.

Wolverhampton for the summer?.......i feel sick.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Wolverhampton for the summer?.......i feel sick.

Does anyone stay in Wolverhampton for the summer? He'll be getting himself down stourport on sea for 2 weeks in a caravan like the rest of them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1