Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7166733/Who-seven-lesser-known-stars-watch-Africa-Cup-Nations.html

Marvelous Nakamba link above being talked about as someone to watch in ACON.

Watching him now against Egypt, for whom our very own Elmo is Captain. Live on Eurosport if anyone interested. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A Romanian ITK ‘freelance journalist’ has tweeted Breaking news - 7m bid offered from a Premier League club.  I think it was tweeted after he scored.

Whats wrong with these people? 

Hagi junior will surely go for a lot more than that - he's a chip off the old block. 

On 20/06/2019 at 18:10, KMitch said:

I still think that the only reason people rate Hause at left back is because they don't like Taylor so much.  Watch some videos of Mings at LB for Ipswich, then try to tell me Hause would be a good LB.  Mings looked like an absolute monster for Ipswich.  Hause looked like an athletic CB filling in at LB for us.

I watched Hause play LB at Stoke, after first 10 minutes Stoke were awful so he didn't have much defending to do but what I liked was he was very calm and composed under pressure and didn't just restort to hoofing up to halfway line like Taylor would do.

Obviously going to be tested more in prem defensively but he's not a bad footballer at all so can see him being the LB when we have home games where we'll dominate possession against other bottom half teams.

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Watching him now against Egypt, for whom our very own Elmo is Captain. Live on Eurosport if anyone interested. 

i'm recording the match on sky q box as out at moment! I have to do a few player reports in next few days for an agent in Egypt. He's also asked me do a few for other players of other nations

I am going to do player report on Nakamba once i've watched recording.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, pete101 said:

Odds from 10 /1 down to 6/4 for helder costa to join us

Talk was he was going to Leeds on season long loan.

I rate him as a player, was fantastic the year Wolves want up but very much a squad player for them last year given how well likes of D. Jota and Jimenez played. Would take him as a squad option.

Surprised AEM is captain ahead of Salah. First I knew of his involvement at the last world cup was when someone on here said he was in their squad! Watched all three of their games and he was unused sub in them all so I'm guessing they've had a chance of coach since then for him to be back in favour so much.

Anyway as it stands he's our most experienced premier league player going by appearences by quite a distance I'd imagine.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly. On the one hand  some fans are saying championship players aren’t good enough. On the other hand they are saying Grealish is worth 60 million and they desperately want to sign Mings and Axel. 

The only reason to go abroad is value for money. 

We need to spend money but I agree people thinking spending 100m + is going to guarentee safety are a bit naive. Look at Fulham and us in 15/16 as textbook examples.

We need to be canny in transfer market. I'd certainly say likes of El Ghazi and Hause are good examples as with further coaching I think long term both could be good players at prem level.

When you look at last summer Wolves didn't actually spend that much. They signed Joao Moutinho for 5m ish and got Raul Jimenez on one of those dreaded season long loans, signed him this summer for 20m.

I'd say a team that played a blinder in last season's transfer market was Newcastle. Probablt no surprise with Benitez there but they got Rondon on season long loan who scored double figures and getting Fabian Schar for about 4m was one of the bargains of the season, I saw a few people putting him in the premier league team of the season. Certainly one of the better CBs outside the top 6 anyway.

You also have to look at why Southampton have done business over recent times (although they lost their touch last two seasons). They signed Sadio Mane for about 12m I think. Sold him to Liverpool and signed Tadic for similar amount.

I've said before I have no issue with getting 2-3 good championship players in e.g say Butland and Maupay (and maybe Mings given he's had his two best seasons of his career in the championship) but seems to solely sign from that level is a bit of a dangerous gamble.

There are many good european players at clubs at top and bottom of leagues who'd improve us and be in the 5-10m range. I'd also say we need to sign some experience players as our 11 is looking very young currently, need to sign 2-3 solid international players in 27-29 age range imo. Vlaar was that age when he came in if you want recent ish example.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You also have to look at why Southampton have done business over recent times (although they lost their touch last two seasons). They signed Sadio Mane for about 12m I think. Sold him to Liverpool and signed Tadic for similar amount.

We was linked with both Sadio Mane (Red Bull Salzburg) and also Tadic (Twente) before they went Southampton

If only we got in there first....

Edited by Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Talk was he was going to Leeds on season long loan.

I rate him as a player, was fantastic the year Wolves want up but very much a squad player for them last year given how well likes of D. Jota and Jimenez played. Would take him as a squad option.

Was it Bruce's first game in charge against Wolves? He looked ridiculous in that game. Was ripping us apart everytime he got the ball. 

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do they look good?

Nakamba made a crunching tackle on the stroke of half-time and it was deemed fair too. He's got a good, quick short pass on him when closed down. Seems very athletic and full of running. 

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised AEM is captain ahead of Salah. First I knew of his involvement at the last world cup was when someone on here said he was in their squad! Watched all three of their games and he was unused sub in them all so I'm guessing they've had a chance of coach since then for him to be back in favour so much.

Anyway as it stands he's our most experienced premier league player going by appearences by quite a distance I'd imagine.

He's been a mainstay in the national team since 2010!

Fun fact: Elmo and Salah are a rare breed of Egyptian footballers that forged a career in Europe having not played for giants Al Ahli or Zamalek. Even more extraordinary is that they are arguably 2 of the most succesful Egyptian footballers in recent times if not history.

Anyway very good window for me would be:

Etheridge- 12m

Kamil Glik- 10m (Monaco)

Mings- 15m

Left back- Greg Taylor 3m (Kilmarnock)

Tomas Rincon 5m (Torino)

Samuel Chukeweze 30m (Villareal) The statement signing of the summer for us.

Iago Falque 8m (Torino)

Kevin Gamiero (season long loan from Valencia). Have a feeling he'll be available if they sign Maxi Gomez as they already have likes of Rodrigo Moreno and Santi Mina as other attacking options. Pretty sure there was talk of him going to Swansea in 17/18.

No chance whatsoever we'd get relegated with that, well stocked in pretty much every area with some quality players to lift us to mid table.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's been a mainstay in the national team since 2010!

Fun fact: Elmo and Salah are a rare breed of Egyptian footballers that forged a career in Europe having not played for giants Al Ahli or Zamalek. Even more extraordinary is that they are arguably 2 of the most succesful Egyptian footballers in recent times if not history.

Yeah, just disappointed he didn't play any of their WC matches. Not a favourite of Hector Cuper anyway.

So, the window closes in 47 days and we're off on tour to the states in around 21 days.

I think the squad still needs: GK, CB, CB, LB, DM, RW at a minimum and could do with another CB, DM and CF on top of that.

So, somewhere between six and ten to come in over the next seven weeks. 

Tick tock.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, the window closes in 47 days and we're off on tour to the states in around 21 days.

I think the squad still needs: GK, CB, CB, LB, DM, RW at a minimum and could do with another CB, DM and CF on top of that.

So, somewhere between six and ten to come in over the next seven weeks. 

Tick tock.

defo, we need a minimum of 6 players before we go on the USA tour to have any semblance of a team.

3 weeks until the USA tour?, 2 signings a week minimum......ouch.....

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

defo, we need a minimum of 6 players before we go on the USA tour to have any semblance of a team.

3 weeks until the USA tour?, 2 signings a week minimum......ouch.....

We signed about four in one day in 2015 didn't we?

Veretout, Amavi, Ayew and Gana all seemed to come within short space of time anyway.

I think we'll get Mings done in next week and probably also see keeper come in within same timeframe so think that's two key signings that will be done in next 10 days.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We signed about four in one day in 2015 didn't we?

Veretout, Amavi, Ayew and Gana all seemed to come within short space of time anyway.

I think we'll get Mings done in next week and probably also see keeper come in within same timeframe so think that's two key signings that will be done in next 10 days.

Let's hope so :)