Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Might help us to feild a team though ;)

We're not playing actual matches.  Too boring.  It's just 30 minutes of penalties, both teams taking them at the same time but at opposite ends.  Highest score after the whistle is the winner.

• Like 1

We need players in for first day of training. I am surprised we have done as little as we have done so far. If we have to overspend to stay in the league, we have to overspend. If we penny pinch now, we'll be welcoming parachute payments 12 months from now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We need players in for first day of training. I am surprised we have done as little as we have done so far. If we have to overspend to stay in the league, we have to overspend. If we penny pinch now, we'll be welcoming parachute payments 12 months from now. 

I'm hoping we will announce a few in the first week or so of the transfer window in Spain/Germany/Italy etc.  I'm sure we have lots of deals on the way (not itk or anything, just a sense that Suso knows what he is doing) 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Hysterical bunch at times aren’t we ... chillax ! 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1213395

Look at the list of signings so far and as you will see we have been the busiest so far .. it’s only June 22nd for Christ sake ! 

50% of those are players were in the squad last year. 50% of those weren't even in the first 11 last year. The other is a squad player we picked up for pocket money and the other isn't actually confirmed yet. 

I'm in no way saying its panic stations, at all. But if things don't progress relatively quickly, we will be starting pre-season training needing volunteers from VT to make up the numbers. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where has this sudden mood of negativity come from, from quite a few posters now.

What is the actual panic?  It's only June! 

Chill out folks and grab a beer and enjoy the sun.. the good times will soon come.

Have faith.

Surely it's a sense of realism after the euphoric end of season highs, rather than negativity. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Surely it's a sense of realism after the euphoric end of season highs, rather than negativity. 

The realism is chap that many of our targets could be guilty of any of the following right now:

On Holiday, On a pre-season tour with thsir current club, xx club need to buy their replacement before they sell to us, agents waiting for better offers/options, personal circumstances like finding a house/moving schools etc.

These are all factors that we need to take into consideration and above all else that we don't get our pants pulled down on player price tags.

That said, If we have not signed another 10 players by August 31st then il be shitting it.

There is no rush to say We must sign xx player and players by any set date or time. (Well, there is but you know what I mean) - we have until then to do our business without rushing. 

Sit and wait to get our targets we want and that we need rather than just go out an piss the money up the wall in a panic buying spree just so we have 'personnel through the door to appease the restless'.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The realise is chap that many of our targets could be guilty of any of the following right now:

On Holiday, On a pre-season tour with thsir current club, xx club need to buy their replacement before they sell to us, agents waiting for better offers/options, personal circumstances like finding a house/moving schools etc...

If we have not signed another 10 players by August 31st then il be shitting it.

There is no rush to say We must sign xx player and players by any set date or time. (Well, there is but you know what I mean) we have until then to do our business without rushing). 

Sit and wait to get our targets we want and that we need rather than just go out an piss the money up the wall in a panic buying spree just so we have 'personnel through the door to appease the restless'.

I hope we're done with that for a long time now Bruce is gone. Don't want another turkey like Hogan for the sake of a body

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The realism is chap that many of our targets could be guilty of any of the following right now:

On Holiday, On a pre-season tour with thsir current club, xx club need to buy their replacement before they sell to us, agents waiting for better offers/options, personal circumstances like finding a house/moving schools etc.

These are all factors that we need to take into consideration and above all else that we don't get our pants pulled down on player price tags.

That said, If we have not signed another 10 players by August 31st then il be shitting it.

There is no rush to say We must sign xx player and players by any set date or time. (Well, there is but you know what I mean) - we have until then to do our business without rushing. 

No one is advocating this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

No one is advocating this.

The rumoured £20m for Jack Butland is one example.

I'd sooner we used some of that £20m on Gigi Buffon as a signing on fee and wages for 2 seasons than Jack Butland.. also, we have priorities in other positions needed than Goalkeeper.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

There are probably a number of factors why we haven’t signed as many players as fans want.

Any selling club is going to demand the highest price for any player we are interested on right now.They know we have a number of positions to fill and they know we have premier league money and wealthy owners.Very little transfer business is being done now as most people are on holiday.

If we want transfers to go through now we are going to be paying over the odds.I think we should be patient ,the fees suggested for the Brentford players seem inflated .We should see is anybody else interested .?If not, 20 million seems too high.

Buying any player is an important decision and reckless spending in the past has weakened usMcormac ,Lansbury Tsisbola ,Hogan etc

• Like 3