Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He has already taken a fairly lengthy break to the US (no issue with that in my view although some always seem to have a problem with it) so if he really is heading abroad I don’t very much it’s a holiday.

After the playoff final DS said he couldn't go away until his daughter's GCSE exams had finished. The exam timetable goes up to 21st June, so it is very likely he is going on his holidays now. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

After the playoff final DS said he couldn't go away until his daughter's GCSE exams had finished. The exam timetable goes up to 21st June, so it is very likely he is going on his holidays now. 

He has been to the US.

You lot are **** mental. Exam timetables? Speculation on if DS is on holiday followed by speculation on where? Jesus wept lol.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On The Transfer Tavern (Talk Sport) they have just said that Spurs will take £25m for Keiran Trippier. Time for us to get a little pay back and make a £10m take it or leave it offer to Levy??

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Not him specifically, just previously manager/director holidays in the summer have been an issue for some.

Phew.

I know the world has gone crazy but I was struggling “ bigly” with the idea of Villa fans begrudging Deano a long holiday!

As to the substance of your Post, have to agree a Portuguese holiday just now doesn’t fit right does it.....one would indeed think it more likely business rather than pleasure. 

52 minutes ago, John said:

On The Transfer Tavern (Talk Sport) they have just said that Spurs will take £25m for Keiran Trippier. Time for us to get a little pay back and make a £10m take it or leave it offer to Levy??

Ha maybe we can throw in Hogan. 

Doubt they are weeks away from administration though. 

• Like 1

LEEDS want £30million for Kalvin Phillips — to the frustration of Aston Villa.

The midfielder, 23, is rated highly by the Whites and they will stand by their valuation, which is TWICE what Villa would pay.

United need money for new signings but may sacrifice winger Jack Clarke, 18, instead.

Villa are being priced out of other moves too, to the despair of Dean Smith.

Bournemouth are quoting a big fee for Tyrone Mings, 26, after his promotion-winning loan spell at Villa Park.

Stoke want too much for keeper Jack Butland, forcing them to give Jed Steer a new contract.

Cardiff the same with No 1 Neil Etheridge, who has also been looked at by Liverpool.

Villa are looking to bolster their squad after promotion to the Premier League.

Smith's side came out on top after beating Frank Lampard's Derby in the play-off final.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9353349/leeds-transfer-fee-kalvin-phillips-aston-villa/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1561226300

From Alan Nixon 

• Confused 1

So Nixon went from saying we’re going to sign players and be busy and surprised with the money we have to now saying we are signing none of our targets due to money. Confused.com. 

Imo. Nothing will really kick off with transfers until July. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Why would they want to sell him?  Given the summer off he will probably be back to his best next season.  Sounds like horse shite to me.

19 minutes ago, deeps said:

So Nixon went from saying we’re going to sign players and be busy and surprised with the money we have to now saying we are signing none of our targets due to money. Confused.com. 

Imo. Nothing will really kick off with transfers until July. 

and Liverpool are looking at Etheridge......do me a favour!!!! I'm sure Etheridge wouldnt consider going there to be number 2 goalkeeper and sit on the bench for the next few seasons. 

We knew that prices were going to be high, I'm sure Suso and Smith factored that in.  It's just going to be a long summer of who blinks first and some good negotiation tactics.

My nerves are not going to last the summer but for some reason I believe in the senior management team and owners we have now (despite being let down because of many false dawns from previous owners).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Surely teams will wait until AFCON and the U21 Championships are over before finalising deals? 

Depends on needs to be honest.  If other teams needs players but need to sell first, or if a good price comes in or if they feel the player might not be as good at those tournaments.  Just as a player can shine at a tournament, they can also fall flat on their face and maybe 5 interested parties (clubs) get reduced down to 1 club and therefore prices reduces or another player shines at the tournament.  It's all about desperation to sell/buy or money.

But i take your point that i assume most will happen after individuals holidays or tournaments are completed.

Edited by nick76

Everything in the press is speculation, it’s click bait, back page copy, run of the mill page fillers because not much is happening. 

All players do seem to be £10m - £15m more than than expected but swallow hard, pay the money because (1) we have no choice, and (2) if it works out they are worth £10-£15m more next window, possibly more. If we buy the right aged players they will be with us for 4-5 years, we only need to buy 1 or two next season and onwards.

Shame if Mings doesn’t land, for us and him, it will be an interesting test of buying management - he is a talisman and offers continuity, but he is raw as well as talented and I think that is more of an issue at PL than Premier League level, so maybe the brain should rule the heart, sadly.