New Manager Speculation

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The more i think about it why haven't we attempted AVB? Terry could definitely work under him and I think he plays great football.

Also be a huge name

So is stramaccioni.....a huge name.

get lock jaw calling that from the terraces.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it will be a manager that has at least some experience. Not Terry or Henry. Sacking Bruce for a complete unknown is something you’d expect Fox and co to do.

It depends. It wouldn't be the first time Edens has opted for a rookie coach, as I've said elsewhere.

If the applicant has had the sort of exposure to success and its methodologies that someone like Henry, Terry or Faria have, then it's possible that the vision and plans they have are a recipe for success despite their lack of managerial experience. This could be partially identified and determined by how it weighs up against other candidates presentations for why they should hold the position.

It will be imperative to any success we achieve that we have tailored targets and goals appropriate to our competition that we execute on. If there's a clear and articulated formula for their implementation, I don't see why hiring a newcomer to the managerial world should be frowned upon.

• Like 1

Did anyone listen to talksport this morning, Dwight Yorke gave an interview and gave his CV in for consideration last Thursday, Villa gave a courtesy call to acknowledge receipt of the CV in a 5 minute call with Purslaw (whatever his name is).  He really wants the job and said that he would understand if Henry got the job over him but would not understand if John Terry got the job over him.

Why does he only ever throw his hat in when a villa vacancy arises.  He is still waiting on a phone call from Villa ?

I really don't want Terry coming in as the boss. The link with Rui Faria would make sense. It would see him come in as a coach or assistant and get some experience. There is no doubt that having Terry on the staff would mean a lot to the new boss and allow him to hit the ground running. 

I don't see it happening but if Henry is now out of the running the best option has to be Brenden Rogers with Terry as an assistant. 

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Did anyone listen to talksport this morning, Dwight Yorke gave an interview and gave his CV in for consideration last Thursday, Villa gave a courtesy call to acknowledge receipt of the CV in a 5 minute call with Purslaw (whatever his name is).  He really wants the job and said that he would understand if Henry got the job over him but would not understand if John Terry got the job over him.

Why does he only ever throw his hat in when a villa vacancy arises.  He is still waiting on a phone call from Villa ?

It doesn’t make me laugh. Has he even coached anywhere, building himself up a bigger role? 

You can almost guarantee when he doesn’t get it, him and Sol Campbell will be saying it’s down to race.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It doesn’t make me laugh. Has he even coached anywhere, building himself up a bigger role? 

You can almost guarantee when he doesn’t get it, him and Sol Campbell will be saying it’s down to race.

If he did claim that, he couldn't be further wrong.

The reason he wont get it is because Dwight Yorke is to Aston Villa as a worm infestation is to its host.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I really dont like the idea of Terry as manager.

i thought it was covered that he can't manage due to not having completed the necessary badges unless they give him special dispensation to complete them in a set time period.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Looks to be Faria and Terry.

If he manages his teams like the way he coached teams over the past 17 years, we wont be seeing to much sexy football.  It might be effective but attractive it wont be imo

The whole Mourinho and by extension Faria boring/football is largely a myth in my view. In the main his sides have blown teams away left right and centre and then played VERY pragmatically against their direct rivals. Seeking to spoil and make sure of a minimum result rather than prove who’s the best. For sure he doesn’t have the single minded attacking success of a Pep, Klopp, Sarri and those managers are starting to prove more successful at the highest level. But the idea he only plays boring football is crazy. Chelsea and Madrid used to smash teams every week. I think it’s mainly due to fans normally seeing them in the big games which are normally stink bombs. 

That said Faria like Henry is a massive gamble might be great might be awful. Hopefully he’s not the new Paul Clement. One thing is for sure is that our defence sure could do with some help so hopefully these two can perform some kind of miracle to help with that.

• Like 4