New Manager Speculation

maqroll

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The press present us with a new favourite every day, Celtic wanted £2.5m now they want £6m for Rogers, Henry despite being nailed on for the Villa job is now going to Monaco, Brendan Rogers ruled himself out and in all in one day, the owners want one candidate but the freshly appointed CEO wants others, we haven’t got a DOF, we have a new DOF who is already helping us look for a new manager, Petrov is in the frame, Dwight Yorke sits by his phone day and night waiting for a call, ....From Katie Price ,Peter Withe will do it for free, Bag Puss said something not worth listening to, we’ve probably been linked with another manager since I started typing this drivel. 

To cut a long story short the press have less than a clue and I must be stupid for endlessly looking on Newsnow and oddschecker. I’m having a beer!

Oh Dear.....its such a muggers buddle.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I hope Henry does go to Monaco

He'll probably win the Gran Prix in the closed season.

..............Va Va Voom.

Edited by TRO

So a section of us will now be disappointed if it is not Henry, and some of us here will also be relieved.

One thing for sure, is that i'm alot more confident in our search than I've ever been in years.

Hopefully in the end it will be a regime most of us can get behind.

Let's be honest, take our Claret and Blue specs off, and there are several reasons why I could see Henry going to Monaco over us.

We'll get him or better when we're in the PL.

By that time no one can complain about his lack of experience ;)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

This is becoming interesting.

I don't think we will appoint Rodgers, he won't fancy this job mid season.

- Has to achieve promotion before having a huge transfer budget

- If he doesn't get promoted he will have to deal with FFP & Restrictions

- If he had a pre-season he would be confident in getting us promoted however a job like this in mid October will be difficult

I think it's between Dean Smith & Rui Faria

Dean Smith would instantly take on this job and have JT as part of his staff.

I do not fancy this appointment however;

It appears that we are going to build some structure where the new sporting director will be sourcing players and the Head coach's role is to make them fit.

The worrying thing is that the sporting director has been shit at his job for the past few years.

I'd take Terry any day of the week.

Now if you asked me before he arrived here I would never have said that. 

He was an exceptional leader here and his impact last season cannot be over stated. 

Of course I'd take Rodgers or Smith as quickly. And not realistic but Marco Rose would be the dream