New Manager Speculation

maqroll

If we don't win promotion Bruce is surely out. If we win promotion, I can't see Tony sticking with him in the Premier League. Who would you like to have (realistically) to replace him?

yes my favourite new thread :)

For the 1000th time we need to look outside the box and stay away from tried and tested failures. We tried with Lambert and Sherwood but because they failed doesnt mean its not possible

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because they won't back him financially. 

but why would he want to come to Villa? Probably 12 Premier League clubs would kill for him to be a manager and probably another 30 in Europe in better place than us

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im sure there already was a new manager thread. 

Championshp - Dean Smith or Harris. 

Premier League - Rafa. 

Was there not a thread on this opened yesterday? 

‘My answers the same 

premier league - dyche or Benitez  (if xia has big money )

championship - dean smith ( long term rebuilding job) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but why would he want to come to Villa? Probably 12 Premier League clubs would kill for him to be a manager and probably another 30 in Europe in better place than us

As viva said he would want big financial backing - let’s see of xia is serious or not about his ambitions .

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im sure there already was a new manager thread. 

I looked for one before I started this, apologies if I've doubled up on things

Some of these suggestions are already rediculous, rafa benitez, one of the top managers in Europe. Sean dyche on verge of taking Burnley to Europe. I like the idea of Dean Smith but I don't see why he'd take this job, huge expectations and fans will be calling for pep guadiola to replace you after 7 games if you haven't won the league already. 

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Some of these suggestions are already rediculous, rafa benitez, one of the top managers in Europe. Sean dyche on verge of taking Burnley to Europe. I like the idea of Dean Smith but I don't see why he'd take this job, huge expectations and fans will be calling for pep guadiola to replace you after 7 games if you haven't won the league already. 

First part is sensible and 100% correct. Final part is nonsense. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

The rafa and dyche suggestions were on the basis we were promoted with huge financial backing .

Rafa Joined Newcastle woth hardly a penny to spend and managed them in the 2nd tier so why wouldn’t he manage villa in the top division with vast finances to spend ?

Dyche is similar - it’s like saying why would graham Taylor leave Watford for villa ? 

‘Dyche could take this club places Burnley could never  dream of . 

Obviously they wouldn’t come without us being promoted or huge financial spending power as posters have stated .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

First part is sensible and 100% correct. Final part is nonsense. 

Maybe exaggerated but still, look at how everyone was loving Bruce when we was on our good run, the second anything goes wrong we start slating again. Bruce can still achieve promotion yet all we see is fans wanting him out.