New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 minute ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Surprised Sanchez-Flores hasn't been spoken about. Never really moved from 25/1 ish in the betting. Would of been my choice to begin with.

Yes - would seem to tick a hell of a lot of boxes - would unite the fanbase - and I believe is available ?

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Their model took years to cultivate, we do not have that luxury and if we are looking to implement something on that scale I think we'll sooner get relegated than promoted in the short term.

If we don't get promoted this year we will have to sell all saleable assets, we will be left with kids and loans.

I don't think anyone would be prepared to see us drop into the 3rd division under any circumstances so I'm struggling to see the logic in it.

I'm surprised that you think Smith would have a negative effect on the Villa team.

He's a much better coach than Bruce, and he get's his message and tactics across to average players. The sum total of the Brentford team is greater than it's individual parts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Why would he unite the fan base? 

OK - I jumped the gun.

He has experience, likes decent football - I don't think many would be dead against him..... (runs for cover !!!) 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if the cabbage is making harder to recruit a manager... if it was me I’d be thinking; what if I lose four in a row... they’ll kill me!

I think its a case of the Cabbage isn't always greener .....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

My first choice has always been Smith .... A manager who knows his job and the Championship in detail.

A manager who will get his head down and do what he does best .... get the maximum out of the players at his disposal.

He will improve us considerably, and will do so while others get on with buying and selling players and running everything else except for Smith's remit .... coaching and match day.

We can revisit the managerial search for "THE ONE" in May (if necessary), when we have a lot more time and a clear picture of where we're at.

Who knows, Smith may even get us promoted this season, but even if he doesn't we'll be in much better shape as a team.

So you expect Smith to leave a pretty secure job where he is earning lots of plaudits for a 6 month stint with us whilst we figure out who we really want.  Blimey that sounds right up there with the Chequers Plan as a negotiation tactic.

• Like 1

Spoke to my mate who's a Chelsea fan, regards Rui Faria...

- Basically thinks he's a genius

- Very hands-on coach, will run training sessions himself

- Apparently Jose once said "If I am the no1 coach in the world, Rui is the no2"... interesting that Man Utd's downturn in fortunes has coincided with his departure although maybe reading too much into that!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm surprised that you think Smith would have a negative effect on the Villa team.

He's a much better coach than Bruce, and he get's his message and tactics across to average players. The sum total of the Brentford team is greater than it's individual parts.

IMO Smith is another Bruce type signing.  If you are happy with appointing a Manager who has managed Walsall and Brentford then so be it. 

I'd rather go for someone proven at a top club than taking a gamble on Smith (A Villa Fan), whose career high is managing Brentford to mid  table in the championship. We dont gamble with this appointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Spoke to my mate who's a Chelsea fan, regards Rui Faria...

- Basically thinks he's a genius

- Very hands-on coach, will run training sessions himself

- Apparently Jose once said "If I am the no1 coach in the world, Rui is the no2"... interesting that Man Utd's downturn in fortunes has coincided with his departure although maybe reading too much into that!

#Yourmatein 

• Like 1