New Manager Speculation

maqroll

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

its happening fellas 

Fantastic news if true. Rodgers would have been my first choice but Smith was a close second. If he is also in tune with Terry coming in then great. I'd also imagine he will bring one or two of his own backroom staff with him. Could be the start of something special.

Edited by markavfc40

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Think the club looks a bit foolish on this one. Bandied around lots of big names, let it be known the owners were determined to make an impact with this apppointment...

Then appoint the manager of mighty Brentford.

Just hope Smith turns out to be better than my current assessment of him. And what’s the John Terry role? We’re going to finance him getting his coaching quals?

After the state giving bruce 2 years has left us, i'm amazed we can attract a highly rated manager from the championship. 

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Oh boi..

I will back him but i remain skeptical.

He loves this club and for me i know that he will do everything he can regardless of whats in his way.

Yes massive gamble which in out current state we shouldn’t be taking.  100% support here on in though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Ok.

Feel for Brentford if we’re going in and taking their man, but looks like they’re set up to be a success.

Hopefully we put a good team around Smith and we see a bit of a revolution at the club.

Did you see how it turned out last time we took their man?

Sure they will be fine.

Given the names banded about, I confess to being underwhelmed.

The owners will know the difficulty they've had attracting the right candidate. Perhaps the club isn't as attractive a proposition as I'd like to think?

Perhaps their plan is to have one manager for promotion, another manager for the Prem campaign?

But if it's him, then best of luck to him. That said, he has many good players here to work with. Our league position doesn't reflect the strength of the squad.

(Might get the best out of Hogan. Note I said, might...)

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Ok.

Feel for Brentford if we’re going in and taking their man, but looks like they’re set up to be a success.

Hopefully we put a good team around Smith and we see a bit of a revolution at the club.

They took Smith off Walsall. Such is life.

Not blown away, but not unhappy either. 

Smith has done a fantastic job at Brentford and on a shoe string, getting them to play the right kind of football and if he had the sort of resources we've had over the past couple of season it's likely he would have got Brentford up. Now obviously it's not all down to him so I'd imagine we'll be take a lot of his backroom, at least one would hope so. 

Terry as assistant is an interesting wrinkle, lots of respect from the dressing room and you'd imagine he'd have a lot of fresh ideas, interesting that he's happy to be assistant rather than go for a managerial job. 

4 minutes ago, swollef said:

Just spoke to my mate ,who lives next door to Dean |Smiths ,Mom and Dad, and he asked her if Dean couldbe having a crafty half in the Scott Arms Pub. and she said,doubt it ,He  or his agent hasn't heard anything at all

Bastard... bet he lumped a bomb on  DS  at Laddys

+