New Manager Speculation

maqroll

4 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

When calling a one-team league easy, it only really works if he were taking over that one team. Surely Monaco is as valid a managerial vacancy as our own and removing rose-tinted glasses, it's not a bad option. That's not to say Villa isn't a massive challenge, so I agree overall—not only does the new manager have to turn this shit show around, but they have to then somehow get us promoted and then somehow get us to a level of Premiership football that we are so shockingly far behind at the moment. And they have to do it with no defenders and a pretend keeper. I'd personally spin the whole thing the other way—I think we're a bit of a dangerous proposition atm. What could a new manager do to fix that defence/keeper situation with no transfer window for two months? We risk destroying a new manager.

**** it. I've scared myself. I'd appoint big Sam. We're not in a position to appoint a rookie.

The like was for most of your post. Not the last paragraph!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really don't get the Monaco thing,what have they ever won. The only thing the place is famous for, is having a grand prix, street circuit and a Hollywood starlet as a Princess.

Agreed, they've only won 4 trophies in the last 20 years, including the league a couple of seasons back. why would anyone want to go there when they can come to a Championship club who've won **** all in 22 years, and nothing particularly impressive in 36...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Do all clubs go through interview processes like we do? Seems to always drag with villa. I swear other teams have replacements lined up before they sack the manager.

They probably do, but none of us follow other clubs recruitment process. Well not as obsessively as we do our own anyway. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been away all day.

So it now looks like it's the "glorified physio" assisted by the Bruce's golf partner"?

Not enough cone placing experience between the two.

It's a no from me.

Don’t worry JV there’ll be another one along on a minute. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Just to give you guys the 'heads up'  SSN saying interview coming up with John Terry...could be significant news!

Would doubt its significant - unless terry is ruling himself out - If he was to be appointed no1 or no2 - surely  it would be OS first. probably just an interview about his retirement.

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Don’t worry JV there’ll be another one along on a minute. 

Hope you know I said that in jest mate. Lol

Was just going along with the sensationalist breakdown s if qualifications some have been making whenever they don't like a name. 

I'd be ok with that combo. Not overwhelmed, but whelmed enough.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

If Smith was appointed, I would expect him to do just what he does at Brentford. We clearly want to move to a Head Coach and coaching team structure, with a DOF and perhaps out sourcing an effective way of procuring younger players with sell on values. so we'll be moving towards a 'richer' version of the Brentford model anyway.

Their model took years to cultivate, we do not have that luxury and if we are looking to implement something on that scale I think we'll sooner get relegated than promoted in the short term.

If we don't get promoted this year we will have to sell all saleable assets, we will be left with kids and loans.

I don't think anyone would be prepared to see us drop into the 3rd division under any circumstances so I'm struggling to see the logic in it.

• Like 2

Looks like it's going to be Rui now with all the speculation. I hope to hell he plays a different style of football to his partner in crime. I doubt it. 

One thing's for sure, he's not going to want to be there or there abouts... I'll keep an open and accepting mind..