New Manager Speculation

maqroll

If Terry is going to be an assistant, I'd prefer it to be with Dean Smith. One tries to play lovely football, is a Villa fan, and the other has experience of being at a big club.

They would compliment each other well imo. 

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

He has some experience tho, two years with Belgium as assistant... seriously I asked this before but how big is the step up from assistant manager to manager?! Didn’t AVB do that?

Its quite big and a lot of good No. 2 dont make the jump. Mick Phelan, Brian Kidd are good examples

Assistant is also allowed be friendly with players and a bridge between them and manager

• Like 1

Faria would be a welcome appointment in my mind. I assume the standards he works to, given the clubs he's worked at, are far beyond anything we saw under Bruce.

Assistant at Chelsea, Inter, Real, Manchester United. Will we find someone more acquainted with big clubs at this level?

Fitness coach at Porto so hopefully that discipline becomes an aspect of his approach.

I'm extremely intrigued by Rui Faria and without wanting to jump to premature conclusions I think he will bring structure that Bruce couldn't.

Terry is a leader and winner, already familiar with and having established some rapport at the club, so his inclusion in some capacity would also be welcome.

• Like 3

I'm fine with Faria. Passionate guy. Lots of success wherever he's been. Mourinho is clearly missing him.

Terry as No2. Works well for me too. Players know him. Natural leader.

All good for me.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

If Terry is going to be an assistant, I'd prefer it to be with Dean Smith. One tries to play lovely football, is a Villa fan, and the other has experience of being at a big club.

They would compliment each other well imo. 

With all due respect, what has being a Villa fan got to do with managing us.  If Dean Smith wasnt a Villa fan he wouldnt be mentioned.  I really cant understand when fans say this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

With all due respect, what has being a Villa fan got to do with managing us.  If Dean Smith wasnt a Villa fan he wouldnt be mentioned.  I really cant understand when fans say this.

What's being a leader or well liked in the dressing room got to do with managing us which is essentially the sole reason Terry is getting a mention. ? Gabby is well liked, so is Micah and Bunn. Should we give it to them ? At least Smith is managing a good while. I couldn't give a monkey's that he supports villa. He's a serious coach.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What's being a leader or well liked in the dressing room got to do with managing us which is essentially the sole reason Terry is getting a mention. ? Gabby is well liked, so is Micah and Bunn. Should we give it to them ? At least Smith is managing a good while. I couldn't give a monkey's that he supports villa. He's a serious coach.

Being a leader has a lot to do with it imo.  If Terry hadnt lead last year, Bruce would have been gone alot sooner that he was. I dont like Gabby or Micah or Bunn by the way.  :)  

50 minutes ago, supermon said:

Ohhh Rui Fariaaaa -  Chant sorted

"dean smith's claret + blue army" goes better...for that reason, coupled with my fiver at 14/1, he's my choice

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Have you just phoned TS? Someone has just made the exact same point regarding Gabby, Micah, and Bunn being liked in the dressing room and you we shouldn't be giving them the job.