John Terry

Farlz

8 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Other 38 year olds on betelween £75k and £100k a week?

That's the difference. 

Well, towards FFP it's the amount of money, not how it's spent that matters. To pay £2,5m for a CD isn't that bad. That's what you spend on a £10m player on a four year contract. And then you need to pay the player some money on top of that.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Really has to wonder what Bruce actually does if so.

"Doesn't do tactics"

Doesn't handle training?

Doesn't manage or organize the team? 

I know he's supposed to be the one behind the improved team spirit, but I'm starting to suspect he's not the one making the s'mores or leading the sing along around the camp fire.

Other than having people skills...

Bildresultat för what would you say you do here animated gif

Bruce has people skills. 

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is JT becoming the fat sam of football player rather than management? Just wait a few months into the season and someone will be desperate enough to give him a generous contract.

1 x Champions League

1 x Europa League

5 x Premier League

4 x FA Cup

3 x League Cup

Played in 2 World Cups and 2 Euro's

Hopefully someone is 'desperate' enough to sign that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

1 x Champions League

1 x Europa League

5 x Premier League

4 x FA Cup

3 x League Cup

Played in 2 World Cups and 2 Euro's

Hopefully someone is 'desperate' enough to sign that.

All true of course, but if he was anything near the player he once was he wouldn't be unattached and there would be scores of clubs lining up to sign him, regardless of his wage demands.

He also wouldn't have spent last season with us.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Towards the end of last season and in the playoff final Terry was becoming terribly exposed. A season older I would be very concerned relying upon him again for yet another arduous Championship season and I can see why the new owners wouldn’t want to fork out 70 grand per week in wages for that. 

Was he actually being exposed? I don't recall that at all. In fact, I think our defence was our strongest it's been in years last year. Chester doesn't look the same player without Terry next to him either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Really has to wonder what Bruce actually does if so.

"Doesn't do tactics"

Doesn't handle training?

Doesn't manage or organize the team? 

I know he's supposed to be the one behind the improved team spirit, but I'm starting to suspect he's not the one making the s'mores or leading the sing along around the camp fire.

Other than having people skills...

Bildresultat för what would you say you do here animated gif

If we were to sign Terry again, it would be Bruce's dream come true.

JT would (to all intent and purposes) take over the running of the team and would bring back the feel good factor that SB has totally lost.

Bruce is dragging the team down, and desperately needs a big personality and leader on the training pitch and in the dressing room to save him.

Terry, the ageing player is not the issue here. Terry, the big man who Bruce can hide behind is!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

If we were to sign Terry again, it would be Bruce's dream come true.

JT would (to all intent and purposes) take over the running of the team and would bring back the feel good factor that SB has totally lost.

Bruce is dragging the team down, and desperately needs a big personality and leader on the training pitch and in the dressing room to save him.

Terry, the ageing player is not the issue here. Terry, the big man who Bruce can hide behind is!

Do you know this for sure or you just making stuff up? I think it's the latter. 

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

His post has been liked by Jack Grealish 

Your post has been liked by me. In all seriousness I think it’s obvious Jack would be delighted if Terry was resigned, unfortunately don’t think he has a say

Â