Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Farlz

John Terry

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, John said:

Could it be that we have yet to make him a concrete offer?

Seems plausible since the owners apparently made it clear to Bruce they have no intention on sanctioning a new contract for Terry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John said:

Could it be that we have yet to make him a concrete offer?

I suppose there would be some tension between wanting to keep the wages down for FFP, and his expectations.

Unless you mean the kind of concrete offer that goes "Sign here, or you'll be holding up the next Crossrail bridge to be built".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, John said:

Could it be that we have yet to make him a concrete offer?

I think you are spot on here!

The usual idiots on Facebook are slating Terry calling him money grabbing and messing us about etc.. However I don't think we have even been in contact with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he dont sign now as I've just taken delivery of my new Kodjia 26 away shirt. Unless he takes another number then it is "welcome John" from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Unless he bought it when 36? #DonSimonITK

A footballer with a 2 year old ferrari?  He be laughed out of the training ground.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry's No plate is JT 26 on his Bentley

Edited by jim
T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Questions and Answers:

Would John Terry Improve the squad? - Yes

Is he worth 60 grand a week? - No

Do I care as it's not my money? - No

Could it be better spent elsewhere? - Yes, use the money to pay off Steve Bruce's contract

Will this mean we now have a well balanced team - No

Will the football improve - No, not whilst Steve Bruce is in charge

When will things really start to improve - I think we all know the answer to that one

 

 

I love how a speculation about a potential player signing can be turned to a rant about sacking the manager

I specifically keep away from the SB thread for that reason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I love how a speculation about a potential player signing can be turned to a rant about sacking the manager

I specifically keep away from the SB thread for that reason.

In fairness, it is germane. As recently posted in the last page or so, his arrival would bolster Bruce's position with the fans and in the dressing room. It would also bolster the organisation of the defence specifically and potentially a more joined up team from front to back.

However, there is a big potential downside to it. Quite simply, because of the fact it keeps Bruce in control it is means there is a significant chance that we will come up short again.

It's a tough one.

Choice a/ 38yoTerry, who hasn't played a competitive game in nigh-on four months signs and Bruce goes nowhere anytime soon.

Choice b) 38yo Terry doesn't sign and Bruce is out on his ear soon.

Choice c) The Doomsday option. The second part of Choice a) and the first part of Choice b)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Questions and Answers:

Would John Terry Improve the squad? - Yes

Is he worth 60 grand a week? - No

Do I care as it's not my money? - No

Could it be better spent elsewhere? - Yes, use the money to pay off Steve Bruce's contract

Will this mean we now have a well balanced team - No

Will the football improve - No, not whilst Steve Bruce is in charge

When will things really start to improve - I think we all know the answer to that one

A couple more:

Will we have a better chance of promotion with JT than without him? - Yes.

Does signing JT guarantee that Steve Bruce will still be our manager irrespective of how the rest of this season goes? - No. 

Should we just sign JT then and see if that can make a difference to the club's fortunes this season? - Yes.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He only turned down Spartak (who are in the Europa League and 3rd placed last season in Russia) yesterday or the day before?

I would expect he was considering Russia above playing for Villa from a last hurrah perspective.

If that is the case it's totally understandable if he is taking a day or two to decide on any offer we have made (if we even have made one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I read that he turned them down because he wanted double the salary they offered. 

Where did you read that tripe, Facebook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

He only turned down Spartak (who are in the Europa League and 3rd placed last season in Russia) yesterday or the day before?

I would expect he was considering Russia above playing for Villa from a last hurrah perspective.

If that is the case it's totally understandable if he is taking a day or two to decide on any offer we have made (if we even have made one).

I personally don’t think we have made any kind of offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jim said:

I personally don’t think we have made any kind of offer.

Agreed. Terry has himself said that he would be happy to return, so the only plausible explaination is we haven't made him an offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jim said:

Where did you read that tripe, Facebook?

Russian fan on reddit who seemed very angry at Terry because he was "money hungry"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â