John Terry

Farlz

34 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This

I don't see us signing a centre back at all unfortunately. It doesn't take two weeks to sign a player that currently doesn't have a club at all, especially over an international break.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I think we are stuck with what we have until January.

Yes this is a move that should have happened quick. I certainly think it's neglect not picking him or an out of contract defender up. let's face it Terry is the most experienced, most qualified to do the job in what we require, what is available to us.

This situation is highly annoying to be honest, can't stand the way our defence is very poor and it's come to the point that it will take Terry to sort it out.

Whether Bruce forced the situation or not, those people involved should be held accountable who are involved in the mess, because next time it maybe worse than a 4-1 defeat. Like I said by the end of this season, steve will look a complete fool and will of made villa look a complete joke, or he will do something spectacular to the point no one can see it coming, i just dont think it will be the latter.

It has been one heartache after another and this season will of been wasted if Bruce did deliberately destroy the defence to sign Terry then can not compete the signing of him. Forcing the owners is one thing if it can be pulled off, but does not look like it can be. Then what will the owners feel about Bruce forcing them into this terry signing, surely it's a straight mark against bruce and it's made them furious at Steve. It says alot to the new owners when a manager is pulling stunts like that doesn't it, that's if all of this can be proven anyway..

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe the deal has collapsed because we have now made an offer??

More likely he's waiting for us to match the package!

Too many negatives to him moving to Russia for me.

Still think he will sign tbh.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes this is a move that should have happened quick. I certainly think it's neglect not picking him or an out of contract defender up. let's face it Terry is the most experienced, most qualified to do the job in what we require, what is available to us.

This situation is highly annoying to be honest, can't stand the way our defence is very poor and it's come to the point that it will take Terry to sort it out.

Whether Bruce forced the situation or not, those people involved should be held accountable who are involved in the mess, because next time it maybe worse than a 4-1 defeat. Like I said by the end of this season, steve will look a complete fool and will of made villa look a complete joke, or he will do something spectacular to the point no one can see it coming, i just dont think it will be the latter.

It has been one heartache after another and this season will of been wasted if Bruce did deliberately destroy the defence to sign Terry then can not compete the signing of him. Forcing the owners is one thing if it can be pulled off, but does not look like it can be. Then what will the owners feel about Bruce forcing them into this terry signing, surely it's a straight mark against bruce and it's made them furious at Steve. It says alot to the new owners when a manager is pulling stunts like that doesn't it, that's if all of this can be proven anyway..

That's a lot of speculation there. Without knowing the facts we can't be pointing the finger at Bruce deliberately picking the defence apart in an effort to sign Terry.

The facts are our defence is poor and we neglected to sign a much needed centre half during the summer. Bruce gambled on Jedinak being ready to fill in at centre back, and so far it hasn't paid off.

I would hope that have offered Terry a contract now and it is now up to him whether he takes it or moves to Russia. This would possibly the best scenario as we then have 6 months to line up a loan to buy or straight buy in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

That's a lot of speculation there. Without knowing the facts we can't be pointing the finger at Bruce deliberately picking the defence apart in an effort to sign Terry.

The facts are our defence is poor and we neglected to sign a much needed centre half during the summer. Bruce gambled on Jedinak being ready to fill in at centre back, and so far it hasn't paid off.

I would hope that have offered Terry a contract now and it is now up to him whether he takes it or moves to Russia. This would possibly the best scenario as we then have 6 months to line up a loan to buy or straight buy in January.

Whatever happens I will still hold him accountable for putting us in such a desperate situation regarding our defense. It could have easily been avoided and it just reeks of neglect.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CraigyAVFC1987 said:

Has anybody watched the Jack Grealish interview that has been put up on AVTV today ? At about 3.30 into the interview the guy asks jack how John Terry helped him last season and then they pan onto Terry who's in the room .... is this an old interview or is Terry back lol

Think its just an odd cut but I agree it does look like he's in the room but I guess its just a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, CraigyAVFC1987 said:

Has anybody watched the Jack Grealish interview that has been put up on AVTV today ? At about 3.30 into the interview the guy asks jack how John Terry helped him last season and then they pan onto Terry who's in the room .... is this an old interview or is Terry back lol

Yeh it's an old interview rolled out from the end of last season.

I don't know why they film content like that and wait until the next season to release it.

10 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Yeh it's an old interview rolled out from the end of last season.

I don't know why they film content like that and wait until the next season to release it.

It's because he might have left.....I would've though anyway. 

I feel like I have been totally done by a con artist.  That feeling of embarrassment and failure to see what a fool you have been.

I saw the following headline in Google news linking me to The Meaning Evil website:

"This is what John Terry has said about Aston Villa as fresh reports emerge"

I resisted clicking for an hour or 2 but then curiosity got the better of me.  What am I confronted with?  The news that the Spartak Moscow deal has probably fallen through and then a complete rehash from the Daily Mail interview from last week with the "unfinished business" comment.

AAAggggghhhh.  I hate them, I hate them.  No new news, no new reports, just a tempting headline to get me clicking.  It's an utter disgrace and I will never again be tempted by them.

They have now guaranteed that I will be giving them no more clicks the utter pillocks.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I feel like I have been totally done by a con artist.  That feeling of embarrassment and failure to see what a fool you have been.

I saw the following headline in Google news linking me to The Meaning Evil website:

"This is what John Terry has said about Aston Villa as fresh reports emerge"

I resisted clicking for an hour or 2 but then curiosity got the better of me.  What am I confronted with?  The news that the Spartak Moscow deal has probably fallen through and then a complete rehash from the Daily Mail interview from last week with the "unfinished business" comment.

AAAggggghhhh.  I hate them, I hate them.  No new news, no new reports, just a tempting headline to get me clicking.  It's an utter disgrace and I will never again be tempted by them.

They have now guaranteed that I will be giving them no more clicks the utter pillocks.

Came here to say the same thing

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That'll teach them!

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not saying we'll sign him, because I don't think we will.

But he didn't take the biggest money when he signed for us first time around.

100%. He could have moved abroad and earned an awful lot more. I'm not saying i think he'll return, he may now fancy a move abroad, a new challenge at another club etc, but i highly doubt that given the affection he seems to still show towards us, that if he goes elsewhere it would be because of the money. 

24 minutes ago, John said:

Hope springs eternal? ;)

Bristol Live have a link to UA Tribuna which claims JT's move to Moscow could be off. The chances of that deal happening are now said to be 10%. He's coming home, he's coming home....

Link: 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/uk-sport-news/aston-villa-john-terry-news-1990459

Yeah just seen that myself and was about to come and post the same thing.

He wants this Villa move doesn't he!

Villa put out an SOS...

Terry touted to join Sporting Lisbon but it does not materialise.

Terry then on the verge of signing for Spartak Moscow for ""huge wages"" but also declines joining them at the 12th hour.

Looks like this message is coming across loud and clear. Basically with JT, 'I can still attract big clubs in europe for massive wages, yet I am willing to come back to Villa for half of that, sign me'.

It's a case of NasWes now changing their minds and actually allow JT to return despite their earlier stance on the matter.

• Like 1

Â