John Terry

Farlz

2 hours ago, jim said:

I didn’t say that, however I don’t think he is going to Russia either. 

You are talking as if he has already signed for them and the only evidence is Sky Italia “understands” and an instagram pic of him giving blood.

I think there is also the picture he posted of himself on a plane and this one of him apparently in Rome so there is enough to suggest the wheels are well in motion for the move.

0_Terry-arrives-in-RussiaJPG.jpg

Of course, he may not sign. As we know too well, a medical isn't ITSOTP so maybe Brucie is chasing him across Europe in private aircraft, as is his wont. Apparently. :lol:

If he is signing for them then surely it will be announced tomorrow. They have a game next Sunday and a Europa game on the following Thursday, so they'll want to crack on. I'm a little surprised they didn't announce it today, so if there is no announcement tomorrow, or they say he has returned home to talk to his family, well we've been there this window as well...

Edited by privateer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If he don’t sign then bruce will have to do what he is paid to do COACH THEM HOW TO DEFEND. 

I think the long term plan is tuanzebe at cb with Chester and Elmo at rb once Bolasie is fir

I wouldn't put it past Bruce to play two people at right back, its definitely his area of romantic nourishment. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If he don’t sign then bruce will have to do what he is paid to do COACH THEM HOW TO DEFEND. 

I think the long term plan is tuanzebe at cb with Chester and Elmo at rb once Bolasie is fir

I thought it's pretty well established Bruce leaves the training to others

• Like 1

12 hours ago, privateer said:

I think there is also the picture he posted of himself on a plane and this one of him apparently in Rome so there is enough to suggest the wheels are well in motion for the move.

0_Terry-arrives-in-RussiaJPG.jpg

Of course, he may not sign. As we know too well, a medical isn't ITSOTP so maybe Brucie is chasing him across Europe in private aircraft, as is his wont. Apparently. :lol:

If he is signing for them then surely it will be announced tomorrow. They have a game next Sunday and a Europa game on the following Thursday, so they'll want to crack on. I'm a little surprised they didn't announce it today, so if there is no announcement tomorrow, or they say he has returned home to talk to his family, well we've been there this window as well...

On Instagram he seems to be training with the Chelsea under 18's team somewhere nice and sunny.  Which is odd, you would think he would stick around for the signing and accompanying press etc

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we’re all hoping that Tuanzebe will be plays next to Chester. But it’s probably more likely that Bruce will continue to play Jedi there. If the long term plan was Tuanzebe, then he’d surely have been played there already. It’s not like we’ve needed him to play at RB because of a lack of RBs.

1 hour ago, midian said:

Being reported in Russia move could be off they have till Friday to sign ive seen somewhere

What started off as an bit of a strange choice by him is all looking decidedly shaky and a little unlikely now.

The first point is the "It's all gone quiet over there" aspect. Medical done and...tumbleweed. He's back in England training at Cobham. As I mentioned above, he's got a game in five days with Spartak that I'm sure they'd want him for, wouldn't they? Wouldn't they? ?

And they've got a Europa League game the following Thursday. Which he, er, apparently can't play in because he missed the registration date by quite a period. Not hours or days, weeks, I think.

So, there could well be an anticlimactic end or interesting twist to this one, depending on your point of view. It may be one or both parties has tumbled to the registration cockup and said, "Hold up. I was coming/we wanted him to play in these Europa matches. This isn't a good deal now so unless UEFA play ball with some kind of special dispensation, screw that."

It could be he was just using Spartak as a stalking horse to try to flush out preferred offers - which may or may not have manifested themselves. All very odd. Bottom line is I would have thought if he really was going to sign for them it would have been announced officially by now and he would be over there already.

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No way will we pay him what Moscow havw. If we wanted terry it woukd have happened by now.  

This

I don't see us signing a centre back at all unfortunately. It doesn't take two weeks to sign a player that currently doesn't have a club at all, especially over an international break.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I think we are stuck with what we have until January.

24 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This

I don't see us signing a centre back at all unfortunately. It doesn't take two weeks to sign a player that currently doesn't have a club at all, especially over an international break.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I think we are stuck with what we have until January.

I am beginning to think this as well. I would have expected it to have happened by now if it was going to happen.

I think we will stick with Bree and De Laet as back ups for central defence until January now, as both can play there at a push. It is a massive risk though, and may well end up costing us promotion if we fall too far off the pace.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I am beginning to think this as well. I would have expected it to have happened by now if it was going to happen.

I think we will stick with Bree and De Laet as back ups for central defence until January now, as both can play there at a push. It is a massive risk though, and may well end up costing us promotion if we fall too far off the pace.

It's them for bruce to stop being stubborn and give someone else a go at cb as the jedinak experiment has been a disaster. 

Give RDL bree or axel a go at cb. Jedinak should go to his cm role that he is so much better at.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Still don’t see it, he took the biggest money so he will do so again. Unless that is villa he won’t be coming. 

Not saying we'll sign him, because I don't think we will.

But he didn't take the biggest money when he signed for us first time around.

In his interview the other day he did say he will make a decision over the next couple of weeks. 

I imagine he went and spoke to Spartak and now he is discussing his options with the family.

I can’t see him going there tbh, but that’s not to say he will be coming here either. 

• Like 1

Â