John Terry

Farlz

10 minutes ago, peterms said:

I have a vision of a golfer stooping to pick up his ball, finding it softer and squidgier than expected, examining ths ball more closely,  and recoiling in horror.

It would be an unexpected find in the 'lake ball' pot at the local car boot sale.

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Adding to that, Bruce has also lost the away fans and lost the plot.

As long as he doesn’t lose his kebab as well, all is good!

8 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I hope that owners do not sanction this transfer.

He just about scraped through last season. 

On the pitch he was okay off the pitch he had an affect.

But we cannot keep pissing money on players that are approaching the end of their careers. 

We need to build something long term, Terry does not fit into that mould.

Bruce has lost the dressing room and he needs Terry to help him regain authority amongst the players.

Scraped through? How exactly did he scrap through?

How many clean sheets did we have with terry in the team? 

• Like 1

Bringing JT back is not about Steve Bruce's future although his relationship with the player may be as important as the new owners money in making the deal happen.

The club's dwindling hopes of a top six finish would be greatly enhanced by having JT back. He is by some distance the best option that is currently available to us. He has said he has "unfinished business" with us and appears to have developed an affection for our club and for it's fans. Let's do this, doing nothing is not a viable option and our season in my opinion is more than likely to depend upon it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, peterms said:

Dear god.  Watching this sorry soap drag on through the press over the last few days, I feel a mounting sense of repugnance.

A player whose time has been and gone, playing two clubs off against each other in a wholly transparent manoeuvre to screw even more money out of them, taking advantage of our stupid and avoidable decision to leave ourselves criminally short-staffed at the back, while uttering platitudes about respect for the clubs involved.

Eeurgh.

It seems the game has come to this.  I don't think McGregor would be impressed.

Play the kids, if there are any we haven't loaned out, and move on.

Play the kids and end up in league 1, no thanks. 

10 hours ago, peterms said:

Dear god.  Watching this sorry soap drag on through the press over the last few days, I feel a mounting sense of repugnance.

A player whose time has been and gone, playing two clubs off against each other in a wholly transparent manoeuvre to screw even more money out of them, taking advantage of our stupid and avoidable decision to leave ourselves criminally short-staffed at the back, while uttering platitudes about respect for the clubs involved.

Eeurgh.

It seems the game has come to this.  I don't think McGregor would be impressed.

Play the kids, if there are any we haven't loaned out, and move on.

14 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Play the kids and end up in league 1, no thanks. 

Think it's a bit harsh to suggest that Terry is playing clubs off against each other for monetary gain.

I think his comments are indicative of someone who has ambition and wants to achieve always, I'm guessing the decision not to join a Russian side was based on family above cash.

He might be well beyond his prime but being the competitor and footballer that he is I think it's fairly evident that his lifespan is longer than the average player.

I would actually love to see the introduction of an academy prospect in Terry's place. I thought Tuanzebe was going to partner Chester and I would've thought that with relentless effort and an outfit that is well organised and aware of the opposition tendencies, we could transition on to pastures new sufficiently without too many a haphazard.

That hasn't exactly come to fruition and I am left wondering was Terry's input even more significant than I originally gave credit for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Walked past a red Ferrari yesterday near St Paul's Square in Birmingham with number plate "36 JT". Consider Don Simon now ITK.

46 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Somebody else, John Terry is 38.

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

That’s a point, does anyone know his number plate? 

Pretty sure it's "37 JT", so we can consider this fake news 

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Think it's a bit harsh to suggest that Terry is playing clubs off against each other for monetary gain.

Possibly unfair, though we all know that players and especially agents do it all the time.

My reason for thinking it is that given he's a free agent, has made comments about unfinished business etc, we have an obvious and glaring need for more central defenders, if it's not money causing the unusual delay, then what?

But yes, I have no idea what's happening behind the scenes and could be completely wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, peterms said:

Possibly unfair, though we all know that players and especially agents do it all the time.

My reason for thinking it is that given he's a free agent, has made comments about unfinished business etc, we have an obvious and glaring need for more central defenders, if it's not money causing the unusual delay, then what?

But yes, I have no idea what's happening behind the scenes and could be completely wrong.

It is always about money

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

You could be right.

Spartak Moscow are in the Europa League and finished 3rd in Russia last campaign. So perhaps Terry was eyeing off some more silverware as well as a last hurrah on the European stage and in a top tier competition.

As for the delay in joining us, I don't know to be honest, I can only assume it's due to his deciding on Russia or not.

I'm hardly mister current affairs though.

24 minutes ago, peterms said:

Could it be that we have yet to make him a concrete offer?

• Like 1

Â