John Terry

Farlz

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seems odd him going to Russia. Seems very much the family man (now!) and he's always posting pics of his family on Instagram

I thought it would definitely be an English team he joined so he didn't have to move house. 

I agree it does seem very odd - it's not like he needs the money - and to be so far away from his family - with the wealth he has already - is it worth this  I really don't know ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I agree it does seem very odd - it's not like he needs the money - and to be so far away from his family - with the wealth he has already - is it worth this  I really don't know ?

I really don't think so either. 

Getting £1.8 m after tax at Spartak according to papers.

And we paid him about what? £70.000/w (£3.64 m before tax) + a potential £2 m promotion bonus.

Obviously a lot fewer games in the Russian league (30)

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If only we had signed a 6ft+ centre back in our team this season to combat these high balls. Nevermind...  

Robert Huth it is then!  :(

When are we going to sign a mid twenties version....this should have been dealt with seasons ago.

how can you build a team without a base?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i dont know why he said he has unfinished business here then signs for  Russian team of all places.  Best if luck John no hard feelings from my side

He hasn’t signed for them yet!

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i dont know why he said he has unfinished business here then signs for  Russian team of all places.  Best if luck John no hard feelings from my side

For me he is touting himself as a 'Come and get me Villa' call.

However, the board are having none of it and Terry don't want to look a desperate plum so rolls out the Sporting Lisbon and CSKA Moscow links in the meantime to show he is 'still in demand' from the top european clubs.

Maybe as a hint to Villa owners that 'he's still got it!' and wants to sign.

That is my take on it all, but I still don't think he is coming back and the board are going to ineffect allow Bruce to drown himself in his own shit he has caused with the defence this season.

"I am the best man for the job".. ha it appears so Steve, it appears so.  

Just now, Fowlersrs said:

Shame really. I'd be more excited at the prospect of him being here and ready to stand in when Bruce gets shown the door. Would love to see him manage us...

Really??

I don't understand this fascination.

Have him back playing yes, manager errm no.

Mellberg for manager before JT I am afraid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Really??

He is a player who has played at the highest level and worked with the best managers in the game, lampard, Gerrard are all the same and they're getting a crack at it... don't get me wrong there is no guarantee he would be a success and tbh the mind numbing judgement of most villa fans wouldn't have the patience for it but I wouldn't rule it out....

But yeah Mellberg would be a better option as he's already a step ahead of Terry..

Edited by Fowlersrs
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Really??

Mellbergs a legend here that’s why I dint want him managing us. I don’t want my memory to come back negatively toward him.

40 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

For me he is touting himself as a 'Come and get me Villa' call.

However, the board are having none of it and Terry don't want to look a desperate plum so rolls out the Sporting Lisbon and CSKA Moscow links in the meantime to show he is 'still in demand' from the top european clubs.

Maybe as a hint to Villa owners that 'he's still got it!' and wants to sign.

That is my take on it all, but I still don't think he is coming back and the board are going to ineffect allow Bruce to drown himself in his own shit he has caused with the defence this season.

"I am the best man for the job".. ha it appears so Steve, it appears so.  

I’m not so sure to be honest. I dint think he is coming if we wanted him we would have already din3 it by now 

39 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Really??

Mellberg obviously would be great for nostalgic reasons, but honestly for me JT would probably be the better choice manager wise 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You still think he will come here? It’s not happening mate

I didn’t say that, however I don’t think he is going to Russia either. 

You are talking as if he has already signed for them and the only evidence is Sky Italia “understands” and an instagram pic of him giving blood.

Edited by jim

1 minute ago, jim said:

I didn’t say that, however I don’t think he is going to Russia either. 

I didn't say you did jim I asked you directly :)

I'm not sure. I think if he hasn't signed by tomorrow then it could be a smokescreen for another move 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I didn't say you did jim I asked you directly :) 

Ok, my gut says there is still a glimmer of hope, however I also think it will be very hard for Bruce to pursuad the new owners to sign him.

I think they are going to give him enough rope....

Â