John Terry

Farlz

Just watching the podcast now....I assume the player he's talking about from 8 minutes is Samatta as his performances massively declined as soon as football returned during lockdown.

I was genuinely wondering what had happened as he'd looked o.k in the 4-5 games he first played.

Edit: Might've been Trez given he did alright the next season according to Terry.

Edited by VillaChris

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He may well have been an excellent footballer but such a toxic influence.

Hmm... interesting take.

What I heard was this: "Some junior players were in first class, and some first team players were in economy."

Why? Why not all in the same class? If I was Terry, I'd be annoyed too. Had AVB made them all fly economy, then that's that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He's absolutely bang on though?

Players who have won the league in economy whilst kids are in business? That's unacceptable.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's absolutely bang on though?

Players who have won the league in economy whilst kids are in business? That's unacceptable.

I wouldn't even call it unacceptable.

It's like a teacher punishing the whole class to make some stupid statement. I am the boss, I will make the rules.

It's easy to make a wrong call when you want to set a principle for the sake of it. 

I don't have a problem with senior players flying economy. It might have a negative effect on their form, sure. But to put some players in first class and not the rest, that is just asking for trouble from the senior team. 

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just watching the podcast now....I assume the player he's talking about from 8 minutes is Samatta as his performances massively declined as soon as football returned during lockdown.

I was genuinely wondering what had happened as he'd looked o.k in the 4-5 games he first played.

Edit: Might've been Trez given he did alright the next season according to Terry.

I was thinking it may have been Anwar, he was pretty poor in the COVID season and had the shocker against Everton away. But the season after he was hitting them in from everywhere.

Whereas Trez kinda saved our arse after the return from the break. 

58 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Based on that small clip. I'm siding with JT there. 

I know he is getting palters online, but I thought he came across OK, and if you are a new manager and the first impression is to stick him Lampard and Drogba in economy, it doesn't bode well

He spoke alot about how brilliant Jose was especially as a man manager, and how at the one tournament with England we had a deal with M&S and had to wear suits in the sweltering heat on a bus with broken air con, then to arrive and the Germany team all have shorts and T shirts on, he said that would of never happened under Jose, like the flight incident above

But as with any clip, without context anyone can swing it, he also said even the youth team were uncomfortable with it and said they would swap

Also mentioned that he had the chance to leave us earlier on but wanted to carry on and earn his experience under Smith (who he seemed fond of), and that in the end he left us due to a personal issue that only Smith and one other knew about but he would not disclose, not because of the original reason given, fair enough. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

in the end he left us due to a personal issue that only Smith and one other knew about but he would not disclose, not because of the original reason given

OK, whose wife was it this time? 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't want to take a 13-hour flight in economy so yeah, but probably in that situation he had enough cash in his pocket to pay for his own upgrade to Business at least (not that he should have to do so on a work trip).

I would've definitely felt bad kicking the youngsters out of their first-class experience though. Still would've done it, but I'd have felt bad at least until the champagne kicked in.

I bet Terry didn't feel guilty though, and that's the difference between he and I. That and the racism, and the crypto fraud.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Unless I just have claret & blue specs welded to my face…he WAS alright when he was with us, wasn’t he? In terms of being a good character.

I can’t recall anything where I’d think “Oh Terry, you prick…”.

I thought he was the consummate professional when with us and never showed anything other than respect for the club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I was thinking it may have been Anwar, he was pretty poor in the COVID season and had the shocker against Everton away. But the season after he was hitting them in from everywhere.

Whereas Trez kinda saved our arse after the return from the break. 

He'd been with us the previous season on loan so I assumed his partner had moved over from the Netherlands by then compared to our 2019-20 intake. Can't have been Gulibert or Engels as neither played for us much after that season resumed and Wes was of course sadly injured.

Interesting Newcastle wanted him in summer 2019, he'd have flopped like Gerrard did and admitted as much in the interview. Think the other serious job offer while he was here was from Boro (Sunderland interview came after he left).

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

OK, whose wife was it this time? 

The rumour being he was dragged back to London because he was up here x days a week and behaving like a...single 21 year old lad, so to say 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The rumour being he was dragged back to London because he was up here x days a week and behaving like a...single 21 year old lad, so to say 

My brother in law saw him in Nando's with Snodgrass so sound about right

21 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Disagree with this.

If the club was able to source first class seating and then decided to give it to the youth players as some sort of statement then most people would be similarly pissed.

Â