John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not suprised he has turned down Russia. If money was his main motivation I reckon he would have moved abroad last season. 

Staying as close to home as possible is obviously very important to him. 

His two kids just gone back to school I wouldn't want to take mine out and unsettle them

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Do you know this for sure or you just making stuff up? I think it's the latter. 

I haven't got a clue. It's my opinion based on cumulative experience watching Bruce's and Terry's inputs last season.

Bruce doesn't do tactics, doesn't take training, constantly plays players out of position, is negative and has started to throw players under buses more frequently, and can't even decide on a shape for the team.

He needs Terry to sort things out for him .... again .... in my opinion of course. ?

26 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I haven't got a clue. It's my opinion based on cumulative experience watching Bruce's and Terry's inputs last season.

Bruce doesn't do tactics, doesn't take training, constantly plays players out of position, is negative and has started to throw players under buses more frequently, and can't even decide on a shape for the team.

He needs Terry to sort things out for him .... again .... in my opinion of course. ?

Careful, you'll be accused of imaginary hyperbole. 

• Like 2

I hope that owners do not sanction this transfer.

He just about scraped through last season. 

On the pitch he was okay off the pitch he had an affect.

But we cannot keep pissing money on players that are approaching the end of their careers. 

We need to build something long term, Terry does not fit into that mould.

Bruce has lost the dressing room and he needs Terry to help him regain authority amongst the players.

Dear god.  Watching this sorry soap drag on through the press over the last few days, I feel a mounting sense of repugnance.

A player whose time has been and gone, playing two clubs off against each other in a wholly transparent manoeuvre to screw even more money out of them, taking advantage of our stupid and avoidable decision to leave ourselves criminally short-staffed at the back, while uttering platitudes about respect for the clubs involved.

Eeurgh.

It seems the game has come to this.  I don't think McGregor would be impressed.

Play the kids, if there are any we haven't loaned out, and move on.

• Like 2

I've no idea if Bruce has lost the dressing room or not.

But I do think he rightly feels that he's on shaky grounds both with the owners and possibly with some of the players.

Getting Terry in would be a huge boost for him when it comes to the player side and in making his position stronger I imagine.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

he's on shaky grounds

He's on a shoogly peg, as they say in this part of North Britain.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Getting Terry in would be a huge boost for him when it comes to the player side and in making his position stronger I imagine. 

Yes.  But I think it would be short-lived.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, snowychap said:

To be honest, I'd give my right testicle to see Zidane pull on a villa shirt. :)

Ok, it took some doing, but it's arranged.  Friday, 10.30, Bodymoor Heath.

Bring some tissues.  Probably get someone else to drive you back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Age is just a number.

Yep. Its a number that correlates to how old your body is.

There's a reason you don't see 50 year olds in the Premier League for example. Age is not just a number, that is just an empty cliché people use to make themselves feel better.

That said, I wouldn't have been averse to resigning Terry if the owners felt it was doable financially.

The fact that they don't means that we are better off not signing him than face financial issues with FFP.

We needed to have signed defenders weeks ago. I doubt we will be signing anyone else now.

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'd discard it like an angry golfer.

I have a vision of a golfer stooping to pick up his ball, finding it softer and squidgier than expected, examining ths ball more closely,  and recoiling in horror.

Â