John Terry

Farlz

37 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah just seen that myself and was about to come and post the same thing.

He wants this Villa move doesn't he!

Villa put out an SOS...

Terry touted to join Sporting Lisbon but it does not materialise.

Terry then on the verge of signing for Spartak Moscow for ""huge wages"" but also declines joining them at the 12th hour.

Looks like this message is coming across loud and clear. Basically with JT, 'I can still attract big clubs in europe for massive wages, yet I am willing to come back to Villa for half of that, sign me'.

It's a case of NasWes now changing their minds and actually allow JT to return despite their earlier stance on the matter.

Not signing another CB would be one of the most bizarre decisions in football in recent years. We spend all summer fighting to keep Jack and strengthen the team. Obvious candidates for automatic. Weren't it for the fact that we only have one CB. A situation we can choose to solve by signing last years captain with over 400 Premier League matches as captain for Chelsea and 78 caps. By offering him £70k per week he will cost £2.500.000 or thereabout in total.

So why choose to risk all the money that has been spent for saving £2.500.000? 

Edited by Silent_Bob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I doubt we are worried about FFP, surely billionaires have the best loop hole finders the world over. 

Could even offer a pro-bona deal where we pay him his whole wage in one lump at the start of next season when FFP starts up again.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Why 10%? Why not 11% or 15%? Who decides that number? How directly relatable is a percentage to a decision?!

It's that kind of journalism which shows it's all crap really. No one knows anything. But, for the record, he isn't coming back #itk #knowasmuchasthepapers

Well 10% will do for me, it's much better than 99% as seemed the case at the weekend. Of course it might now be 9% or 8% and it may have been 98% or 90% at the weekend. As Mark Twain said, "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable." :D

What seems to be the case is that there is now a better chance that JT will return to plug the hole in our defence. It still remains open to question whether we will sign anyone to do this job or whether on grounds of cost we will choose Huth or Collins instead. I'm hoping that a high percentage of Villa fans get the player that we want. ;) 

9 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Why 10%? Why not 11% or 15%? Who decides that number? How directly relatable is a percentage to a decision?!

It's that kind of journalism which shows it's all crap really. No one knows anything. But, for the record, he isn't coming back #itk #knowasmuchasthepapers

9 out of 10 people say 10%

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

True..

Personally I'd have him back, but it's not my money. To have any chance of going up, we need to sort the defence now, not in January. 

It's frightening considering how well stocked we are everywhere else how little options we have at the back.

Tuanzebe will need time and patience to get to where we need him and he's our best option currently.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Terry and huth to avoid tickling fate in the testies! 

2 hours ago, John said:

Well 10% will do for me, it's much better than 99% as seemed the case at the weekend. Of course it might now be 9% or 8% and it may have been 98% or 90% at the weekend. As Mark Twain said, "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable." :D

What seems to be the case is that there is now a better chance that JT will return to plug the hole in our defence. It still remains open to question whether we will sign anyone to do this job or whether on grounds of cost we will choose Huth or Collins instead. I'm hoping that a high percentage of Villa fans get the player that we want. ;) 

Sign them all! Imagine having Huth, Terry and Collins and Chester to

Â