Jump to content

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Is it though? The only difference between last season's (on the whole) solid defence and this season's shambles, is John Terry isn't in it.

Proof, if needed, that him coming back (or any solid old school centre half like Collins or Huth) is an absolute no-brainer. Get him (or them) in! 

And the small matter of a goalkeeper who wasn't a total calamity 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

And the small matter of a goalkeeper who wasn't a total calamity 

Hes an iternational keeper, he will be fine when he settles.

Having JT at the back will help this too!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see it at there is no one else out there at this moment in time that could do the job, Terry is the man that in my eyes could sort out the defence. I would even have Terry come in and take over from Bruce, I think Terry has enough experience to go into managing.

I just don't think with everything going on, FFP, windows closed, it's obvious that there is only one man for the job. We need Terry bad and that is the sad part about it, we should not of ever been put into this state and that person/persons need to be gone. I've come to terms that someone at Villa, high up, left us in this state and it's absolutely bang out of order, those people involved should come out and own up, and face the backlash.

A deal to snap Terry up shouldn't be taking this long, should it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely on the fence regarding this one.

You can't deny that JT is the only missing piece of last seasons back-line or that his credentials as a defender are anything but impeccable

At 38 though he's not quite the athlete he once was. I wonder what exactly we are expecting from him as well as what he will actually contribute.

If it's his organisational and motivational qualities that we are in need of, because Bruce is unable to assemble the team accordingly for each opponent, then we are in bigger strife than needing a CB, and we should be very seriously considering JT as a source of inspiration and guide as to how we operate as a footballing outfit.

If Bruce is able to identify, implement and maintain an approach from our players which they can see functioning and play with belief under then I don't really see the need for Terry.

Edited by A'Villan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter

Towards the end of last season and in the playoff final Terry was becoming terribly exposed. A season older I would be very concerned relying upon him again for yet another arduous Championship season and I can see why the new owners wouldn’t want to fork out 70 grand per week in wages for that. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If he signed, would there be an issue with the number 26. I thought he had a clause last time to say he has to have that number?

I'm sure a move wouldn't be dependent on that at this stage of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, striker said:

Towards the end of last season and in the playoff final Terry was becoming terribly exposed. A season older I would be very concerned relying upon him again for yet another arduous Championship season and I can see why the new owners wouldn’t want to fork out 70 grand per week in wages for that. 

I totally agree with this, and if the option had been to buy a young dynamic commanding centre back then I would not want Terry back, however without him we are left with Jedinak who is inferior to terry in every way (except possibly heading), and Chester who unfortunately needs a commanding vocal player next to him.

I also feel that getting terry would help Nyland to settle, as he organises the defence and it would be one less thing for Nyland to worry about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that JT was partly, informally managing the team last year. Without him all organisation has disappeared. I would not be surprised to see an instant improvement to our overall play if he does come back. He is much more important to us than his own individual performance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am caught between the devil and the deep blue sea here.

As a centre Half, really not sure, he has slowed, going by back end of last season.

organisational and leadership....none better.

However, its a lot of money.

I think under the circumstances, I hope he signs.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I have a feeling that JT was partly, informally managing the team last year. Without him all organisation has disappeared. I would not be surprised to see an instant improvement to our overall play if he does come back. He is much more important to us than his own individual performance.

Really has to wonder what Bruce actually does if so.

"Doesn't do tactics"

Doesn't handle training?

Doesn't manage or organize the team? 

I know he's supposed to be the one behind the improved team spirit, but I'm starting to suspect he's not the one making the s'mores or leading the sing along around the camp fire.

Other than having people skills...

Bildresultat för what would you say you do here animated gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sne said:

Really has to wonder what Bruce actually does if so.

"Doesn't do tactics"

Doesn't handle training?

Doesn't manage or organize the team? 

I know he's supposed to be the one behind the improved team spirit, but I'm starting to suspect he's not the one making the s'mores or leading the sing along around the camp fire.

Other than having people skills...

Bildresultat för what would you say you do here animated gif

Wow. Filled in quite a few gaps there my friend! Perhaps you should purchase a dictionary and look up the meaning of the words “partly” and “informally”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M_Afro said:

Wow. Filled in quite a few gaps there my friend! Perhaps you should purchase a dictionary and look up the meaning of the words “partly” and “informally”.

Was obviously tongue in cheek :D

If nothing else the part about s'mores and camp fire might have been a clue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want Terry anywhere near the club if talks of £60k a week are true. I'd take James Collins on a sensible wage and re-evaluate in the January transfer window. Probably no truth to either player link though knowing the papers in which case take a punt and just play Tuanzebe in his natural position... and re-evaluate in January; can't be any worse than some of the other selections Bruce has made.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

still not a shred of evidence to suggest Bruce and the owners want him back, not saying that isn't the case just shocked there hasn't been any statement from the club, or leak suggesting this.

Nor is there anything there re Collins or Huth.
 

Agreed, I guess the first thing we will hear is when and if, one of the above is pictured at the club on the brink of signing for us. It would be very nice to have a deal done in time for Saturday's game. I'm hoping there is some urgency at the club concerning this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRO said:

I am caught between the devil and the deep blue sea here.

As a centre Half, really not sure, he has slowed, going by back end of last season.

organisational and leadership....none better.

However, its a lot of money.

I think under the circumstances, I hope he signs.

Money isn't our problem. We have shit loads of it. Our problem is the lack of a decent centre half to partner Chester.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pitman_Pod said:

I don't want Terry anywhere near the club if talks of £60k a week are true. I'd take James Collins on a sensible wage and re-evaluate in the January transfer window. Probably no truth to either player link though knowing the papers in which case take a punt and just play Tuanzebe in his natural position... and re-evaluate in January; can't be any worse than some of the other selections Bruce has made.

:crylaugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â