Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, momo said:

And Bruce is responsible for investing £2.5 in McGinn. But whatever, this one player didn't work out, so he must be shit. Booooooring argument!

+ Andy Robertson & Harry MaGuire for a combined fee of less than 5 million, Bent, Snodgrass, Brady.. + plenty of perfect players for the clubs he was at. The man is clearly clueless...

Every single manager buys players that turn out to be fantastic, ok & completely shit

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

+ Andy Robertson & Harry MaGuire for a combined fee of less than 5 million, The man is clueless...

Signed Emile Heskey twice for a combined 12 million,  Cattermole for 10 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Signed Emile Heskey twice for a combined 12 million,  Cattermole for 10 

That will be the cattermole that was the youngest ever captain of boro played nearly 400 games, 272 of those in the premier league? 25 grand per game played + wages, looks ok to me & the same England international Heskey at 26 years old, moving from liverpool to Birmingham.. with over 500 total premier league appearances that we purchased after bruce had signed him twice & still played another 100+ games for us.

ok then

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Hogan sums up the scattergun approach of recent seasons similar to signing McCormack and Lansbury and even Hourihane. Signed for big money because the stats looked good and nobody had probably even watched him

Hourihane was the best midfielder in the league at the time. Buying him for what was it, £3m, was a no brainer.  Lansbury felt like he was just signed to beef up the midfield numbers as he was a solid player for Forest for years and our midfield was gash. McCormack was also probably the best striker in the league. We just tried to be the Real Madrid of the championship basically.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

That will be the cattermole that was the youngest ever captain of boro played nearly 400 games, 272 of those in the premier league? 25 grand per game played + wages, looks ok to me & the same England international Heskey at 26 years old, moving from liverpool to Birmingham.. with over 500 total premier league appearances that we purchased after bruce had signed him twice & still played another 100+ games for us.

ok then

Not one of them facts are impressive at all. Cattermole was a shit NRC with less technique and skill and as for Heskey a goalless striker what every team dreams of

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hourihane was the best midfielder in the league at the time. Buying him for what was it, £3m, was a no brainer.  Lansbury felt like he was just signed to beef up the midfield numbers as he was a solid player for Forest for years and our midfield was gash. McCormack was also probably the best striker in the league. We just tried to be the Real Madrid of the championship basically.

my point was that these players were signed with no actual plan for these players or system to play them

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

my point was that these players were signed with no actual plan for these players or system to play them

Clutching at straws. You know some signings were great for the situation at the club, some were okay, others did not work out. Just like Guardialo's purchases of expensive defenders. And every manager out there.

3 minutes ago, momo said:

Clutching at straws. You know some signings were great for the situation at the club, some were okay, others did not work out. Just like Guardialo's purchases of expensive defenders. And every manager out there.

clutching at straws for who? signings I mentioned was by different managers

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

clutching at straws for who? was signings by different managers

Criticizing for the sake of it. Different managers also signed Kodija, Abraham, McGinn, EL Ghazi, Jedinak, Chester, Terry, Snodgrass, etc

19 minutes ago, momo said:

Criticizing for the sake of it. Different managers also signed Kodija, Abraham, McGinn, EL Ghazi, Jedinak, Chester, Terry, Snodgrass, etc

How is it criticizing for the sake of it? Do you think McCormack, Hogan or Lansbury were brought in with a system and gameplan in mind? or Veretout or Gueye or Gestede

Was a critic of the clubs policy in last 5 years

Think everyone is glad we sold Gestede (for actual money no less), but at the same time it was odd that we brought in Hogan and tried to use him as a target man/hold up player. Gestede even thou crap and immobile was more suited to this.

And we waited almost the whole window to do it even thou Gabby was our only option while Kodjia was away at AFCON.

We overpaid massively for Hogan, didn't adjust our way of playing to suit his limited abilities and the season turned out a massive failure.

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How is it criticizing for the sake of it? Do you think McCormack, Hogan or Lansbury were brought in with a system and gameplan in mind? or Veretout or Gueye or Gestede

Was a critic of the clubs policy in last 5 years

This went from criticizing Bruce over Hogan, to criticize the club, in general. This is a Hogan thread, btw, and the guy that brought him in brought in successful players as well. Hogan has nice finishing skills, and I hope he is successful in his career.

12 minutes ago, momo said:

This went from criticizing Bruce over Hogan, to criticize the club, in general. This is a Hogan thread, btw, and the guy that brought him in brought in successful players as well. Hogan has nice finishing skills, and I hope he is successful in his career.

I didn't mention Bruce initially was a moan at transfer policy. Many other threads that I can label Bruce a dinosaur

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Where did I excuse Bruce for his part? I've criticised him numerous times for this signing, and said he is responsible m.

But it isn't his fault Hogan is shit. 

This could go on for ever - no Bruce is not responsible for a players ability - he is however responsible for the recruitment and purchase and integration into the team and it's playing style.

Bruce failed miserably and for this he takes the blame. Surely as Aston Villa  fans this is where our interest stops?

28 minutes ago, Dave J said:

This could go on for ever - no Bruce is not responsible for a players ability - he is however responsible for the recruitment and purchase and integration into the team and it's playing style.

Bruce failed miserably and for this he takes the blame. Surely as Aston Villa  fans this is where our interest stops?

It will only go on for ever if you ignore the point I'm making. 

So you agree with me? He takes the blame for being part of the group that signed him but Hogan's poor ability as a footballer are down to him not bruce. 

It's the Gabby thread again. 2 more years of the same arguments no doubt.

Bruce is shit. Hogan is shit. One will never manage the club again. One will never play for the club again. 

Honestly this topic should be moved to other football so we can all forget and move on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It will only go on for ever if you ignore the point I'm making. 

So you agree with me? He takes the blame for being part of the group that signed him but Hogan's poor ability as a footballer are down to him not bruce. 

Because the point is that Bruce spent 12 million on a player that he could not incorporate into his team - surely as an Aston Villa fan - your interest starts and stops here - what else concerns you - Bruce wasted 12 mill - there can only be him to blame in this sorry saga as far as I can see?

Â