Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

He was sensational today, but would I start him, can he be trusted, can he fit a system (our system) from the start and stick to a gameplan, - I really don't know about that tbh.

To bring him on when we have nothing to lose vs starting him from the outset in a huge game.

Tough one. Over to you Dean.

• Like 1

He is a striker. Not a winger. 

Tammy hasn't been great for a while now. Fatigue maybe? He has played alot.

Dean Smith uses the ethos of play well and you earn a place. I think he starts over Tammy on Saturday. 

Edited by Lord Willard

Loads better but still stopped running towards the end when everyone else was still killing themselves to close down.

Far too good for the opposition, fooled them time and time again.

Wouldn't start him ahead of Tammy at the weekend but would if Deano wants to go two up top.

• Like 1

What happened to the Kodjia I've been slagging off for 2yrs? 

I think this is probably my first positive post in this particular thread but bloody hell he was good tonight. 

Edited by av1

Another important cameo tonight, he really has been coming in for some undeserved stick recently in my opinion but he put in such a shift tonight as well as the usual you'd expect from him that nobody can deny him that performance.

Definitely benefited from playing down the middle and probably from having a partner alongside him too. He just isn't a winger, as much as I understand why people wouldn't necessary trust him to lead the line by himself he just has to play centrally to be at his most effective. May well have earned his chance of getting in over Tammy but it's a tough decision to make that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Great game for him today and well worthy of a start against Bristol.

Smith just said in his post match interview that his display has got him considering tweaking systems to 2 up top to include him.

Might just be the tonic.

• Like 1

That was the old Kodjia, we knew once.....(tonight)

Kodjia & Abraham together, might have a psychological affect on Bristol City on Saturday .

Edited by TRO

Â