Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

King Kodj was blowing towards the end of that second half, I personally wouldn't start him and would use him as a weapon off the bench. 

Against tiring defenders his agility and power on the ball is deadly...he completely annihilated that left side of their defence. 

its a thought....but I think we need him, Tammy looks a little jaded....Its a tough job leading the line on your own.

Was like the Kodjia of old last night and it was great to see. He has definitely given the gaffer some food for thought for Saturday and will be interesting to see how we line up.

I personally don't think we are usually at our best when playing a standard 4-4-2 but a middle diamond might work better with the strength we have in central areas and I think it's in wide areas where we have struggled to find any real consistency.

Back to Kodj...

Unlike when Tammy stepped up, I never felt for one minute he was going to miss his penalty, none of this silly run up, little stutter, waiting for the keeper ETC, just get the ball on the spot, pick a spot and hit it clean and precise.. and that's exactly what he did! Fair play! I think the goal lifted him and he was a nuisance all half, plus the drag back in the corner with three around him was disgusting 🤫😜

15 hours ago, TRO said:

its a thought....but I think we need him, Tammy looks a little jaded....Its a tough job leading the line on your own.

I agree, but my point is I don't think Kodj currently has the fitness level to start and lead the line on his own. It's a tricky problem that is for sure, can't really start Davis either as he's not had the minutes.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love Tammy but imagine having 2016/17 Kodjia in this team 😍

He gave us a throwback on Wednesday, I'm not against starting him tomorrow and giving Tammy a rest.

For Sure...like the old Kodj

However,both players had a prolific record for Bristol City.....I think the sheer presence of those two together on our team sheet will spook them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

not on the bench...rumourings of him getting the hump and driving home cause he was benched again. i dont normally believe such things but it wouldnt surprise me with him

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Has he ever done this in his career to date? Has he ever done anything like it?

No, but he's wandered aimlessly round the pitch not even pretending to try on many many occasions.

I'd imagine it's just saddos making up rumours.

Now that I think of it, I do remember him holding his rib at the end of the game against Rotherham, when he threw his shirt into the crowd. I thought he was just winded from all the work he put in.

ugpX2MD.png

Edited by Keyblade

Need him back, he is a key 1st team squad player.

He will be a vital part of the end of our season, while not being 20 goal a season kodj,  he will still be that annoying player who scores against opponents or causes panic.

• Like 1

I think he gets unfairly criticised due to the fact we spent £6-7 million more than we he should have he was/is a £8mill one .. Bristol City must have been pissing themselves when we made the bid .... but no dr x and wyness spent way Over he odds on him through no fault of his own and pre injury he was somewhat of a hero ..... solid squad player but can se him Going to turkey or China in the summer ..... 

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Has he ever done this in his career to date? Has he ever done anything like it?

I seriously don't get the constant negativity this guy has had to put up with from his own fans since the moment he signed.

so the rumour might have been BS, it might not have...either way there's something about the guy i dont trust so i bought it. for me there is definitely an attitude there. love him as a player though...he's made a real difference in the games he's come on this season. i dont see that he's had that much negativity to be honest...certainly not since the day he signed, and there have been many players that have had considerably more abuse than he's had that i also think was undeserved. hutton, taylor, whelan, westwood, jedinak...even petrov in the early days, off the top of my head

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's a starter for a team a league above us, with 2 goals + 7 assists this season and currently one of their best performers. Burnley fans seem to be pretty happy with him, so I'm gonna go with we were probably too harsh on him.

I think some comments were too harsh, but generally they weren’t. He may be playing at a decent standard now, but not when he was with us. He really only did pass the ball 6 yards, sideways, and he was brushed off the ball like he was a kitten. I’m glad he has found form even if it is with another side as he’s always given 100%. He’s a grafter and seems a decent guy, but he was one of our worst performers during a very bad period for us.

• Like 2

Â