Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Not a winger, been saying it for months now.

Either you play him as a centre forward and he will get you 20 goals every season or you don't play him at all.

Just like Axel is an average rb but a decent cb.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Either you play him as a centre forward and he will get you 20 goals every season or you don't play him at all.

He will not get 20 Goals a season playing with an attitude that he has....you have to show intensity and urgency, play with desire and FORCE issues, Put your opponent under pressure and force them in to errors, like Billy Sharp does.

He is full of melancholy and plays like it.

He has the talent........He simply hasn't got the approach mate.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He will not get 20 Goals a season playing with an attitude that he has....you have to show intensity and urgency, play with desire and FORCE issues, Put your opponent under pressure and force them in to errors, like Billy Sharp does.

DS and JT would never played him if he had an attitude problem, i think that's more in our head because he is playing badly.

I think this is just a case of a player being played out of position by the coaching team.

I also did not think he was that bad yesterday, we have certainly seen better from him though. But as someone mentioned, as soon as he makes a mistake, or even a player around him makes a mistake close to him, fans seem to be on his back, I don't really get it. I can't imagine the motivation for him to do well is high when it seems what ever happens people moan at him. 

He will probably not get back to his previous level, but he is still one of our biggest threats when playing, and seems to be one of very few players that can create chances from nothing and even force chances, he's also a threat when crosses come in from the opposite side, though it can be frustrating when he doesnt do the simple passes at times. Is he our newest scapegoat now that Whelan has found some form? 

he is not a player I'd be sad if we lost, but he does a lot more than Adomah attackingly, and on current form probably more that El Ghazi. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I didn't think he was that bad tbh, certainly not first half when he was very tightly marked by Sheffield defenders and wriggled away. Seems one overhit pass he can't get to and people get on his back.

I prefer him to El Ghazi although that's not saying much but yes will probably go in the summer as one year left on his deal so chance to recoup some money from mid table French club.

lucky to get 2 million for him. Chinese window or MLS is still open maybe a team there will come for him hopefully

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He is full of melancholy and plays like it.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He's never scored 20 in a season. 

Not replying to my own reply. 

Wkik says most he has scored is 19, then later says 20. 

His attitude is possibly on a par with Richards etc the year we went down. Does he have skill -yes. Does he really give a toss I think not. Any inference that this is down to the coaching team is misguided imo. He looks as if he has realised he may not get in the Ivory Coast squad and is in a mood. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Trouble is Davis dosen't really score. Not a problem if you have a wide man like Adomah in amazing scoring form as we saw last season but we don't this year.

Kodjia has like 5 goals in his last 45 games, hardly up to much in front of goal himself. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't really want to focus on anything negative after last night but Kodjia's cameo 20 minutes was one of the worst I've seen.

His body language was atrocious, his touch was terrible and he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

I'd happily not see this guy ever pull on the shirt again after that, would rather Keinan or one of the youth be given a chance.

• Like 3

Â