Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't really want to focus on anything negative after last night but Kodjia's cameo 20 minutes was one of the worst I've seen.

His body language was atrocious, his touch was terrible and he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

I'd happily not see this guy ever pull on the shirt again after that, would rather Keinan or one of the youth be given a chance.

Yet he was so unlucky with a dink from a tight angle that went agonisingly wide, and created that McGinn chance with a sublime back heel. 

Worst cameo ever 🙄

Just now, Junxs said:

Yet he was so unlucky with a dink from a tight angle that went agonisingly wide, and created that McGinn chance with a sublime back heel. 

Worst cameo ever 🙄

Sublime back heel? It was bog standard.

And he missed from a few yards out.

Go back and watch him/it, he was awful and completely disinterested.

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Worst cameo ever 🙄

I agree - He nearly scored with that quality chip, then set up a chance for McGinn and put him through. He went on to hit the post. You know what you're going to get with Kodjia, a bit a of skill in the final third. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sublime back heel? It was bog standard.

And he missed from a few yards out.

Go back and watch him/it, he was awful and completely disinterested.

Haters gonna hate

We'll end in there, we obviously disagree. I can only suggest you watch some more football if you think thats one of the worst sub appearances youve ever seen. I've seen plenty of times where some players are brought on and not even touch the ball *cough* Hogan *cough*

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Haters gonna hate

We'll end in there, we obviously disagree. I can only suggest you watch some more football if you think thats one of the worst sub appearances youve ever seen. I've seen plenty of times where some players are brought on and not even touch the ball *cough* Hogan *cough*

Oh okay thanks, I’ll go watch some more football and report back

How many hours do I need to watch in order to qualify for having an opinion? Is it like flying - do I need to have like 500 hours of solo watching football to qualify for an opinion? 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh okay thanks, I’ll go watch some more football and report back

How many hours do I need to watch in order to qualify for having an opinion? Is it like flying - do I need to have like 500 hours of solo watching football to qualify for an opinion? 

Yes go watch some red arrows and let me know if it helps

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't really want to focus on anything negative after last night but Kodjia's cameo 20 minutes was one of the worst I've seen.

His body language was atrocious, his touch was terrible and he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

I'd happily not see this guy ever pull on the shirt again after that, would rather Keinan or one of the youth be given a chance.

Erm....nearly scores and sets up a chance - worst cameo ever? 

• Like 1

What was  the great chance he missed? You surely can't mean the dink? He did well to come as close as he did, I don't think any of our other forwards come anywhere close from that.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I thought he did alright to be fair, provided an outlet and ran the channels when needed. Certainly not the worst cameo by even Jimmy's standards. I have seen him come on and take the complete piss and be called out for it by his own players in recent months.

He has definitely lost that edge though, even when getting out to press the centre backs he is so sluggish. He is done, he is gone in the summer anyway.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I thought he did alright to be fair, provided an outlet and ran the channels when needed. Certainly not the worst cameo by even Jimmy's standards. I have seen him come on and take the complete piss and be called out for it by his own players in recent months.

He has definitely lost that edge though, even when getting out to press the centre backs he is so sluggish. He is done, he is gone in the summer anyway.

Agree with that, he seems to have lost all his pace as well

currently hasn't got the necessary aggression to succeed in this league, like Albert.......passive,both of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He's gone ,now.

running the channels is the very bare minimum, for a forward.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He made the pitch look as though it were an ice rink. Was awfully balanced and lacked the aggression and desire we ought to expect from anyone wearing the shirt.

bang on.....and until we have 11 players showing this as opposed to 5/6/7.....we will struggle to go up.

All the teams that go up, show this in abundance.

41 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He made the pitch look as though it were an ice rink. Was awfully balanced and lacked the aggression and desire we ought to expect from anyone wearing the shirt.

Absolutely, the way he sauntered on to the pitch said it all for me - and I know he's always had a bit of a 'I'm better than all of you' swagger to him but I thought last night was the worst I'd seen.

He should have been running around like a madman, he should have seen it as a chance to remind Smith (and us) that he's a good player, instead he sulked around the pitch.

Compounded it all with a needless and dangerous tackle on our own Joe Lolley toward the end too, I normally wouldn't care too much about a challenge on an oppo player but Joe's different breed and Villa through and through.

I wonder about the likes of Hutton, Kodjia.....maybe even Chester......I know the latter has been injured but hearing nothing about his recovery, I find it interesting that these players are featuring less and less whilst interviews such as Elphick's are coming out questioning peoples commitment to the cause........all speculation of course and maybe I'm putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 but it's interesting......

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha

Proof that no matter what some have to channel that hate somewhere. 

Kodjia was fine. He ran the channels, nearly scored and a bit of creativity should have seen mcginn finish the game. 

Exactly. Certain people were still moaning about Kodj when he was banging them in. Wouldn't be surprised to know if they were the same people who complained Ayew didn't smile enough when he played for us. 

Listen, ever since he's been here, he's never been one to chase and harass defenders like Tammy does sometimes. You have to remember when he was in our team, we played some shite football - he was feeding off scraps and often produced magic by himself to win us games. 

He's off soon, his injuries have taken it's toll. 

Yesterday he nearly scored a chance no one in our team would've scored, and set up McGinn who should've scored for his hat trick in a 20 minute cameo ffs. 

Â